Stereo remote blanking plate

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve not posted anything useful yet, but a big thanks to all of you that do, this is an amazingly useful source of information for keeping 050 ship-shape.

Anyway, I’ve finally found something which may be of use to someone else, I recently changed the standard stereo for an Alpine CDE 102 Ri head unit, and couldn’t face stumping up £140 for a lead to enable the remote to give me limited control (I only play my iPod), and it was wobbly as well. My friendly parts man found a blanking plate for the remote.

The part number is: 82 00 050 034, it was £2.86 – bargain!
The remote turned out to have broken clips and was held in place by a handy bit of folded cardboard!
So far I’m not missing the remote, I tend to leave the stereo playing one of my playlists, although before I removed it I kept going for the ‘dead’ remote – a bit annoying.

Attachments

• DSC00060a.JPG
    DSC00060a.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have you weighed the stalk to see how many grams you have saved?? :lol:

Nice work, think I will pick one of these up

Reaction score
Blanking plate update (I know this is a hot topic!!):

If you do remove the stalk remember to tie the lead to something to stop it rattling around in the column shroud, I didn't and it was very annoying! Some insulation tape should solve the problem.

Not sure about the weight saving, probably simalar to the 20p sitting lost under the front seat.

Luke

Reaction score
luke050 said:
Not sure about the weight saving, probably simalar to the 20p sitting lost under the front seat.

For Gazza, every little helps! :D