Splitter Talk.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I guess you're right it is, it was just a bit of an unwelcome surprise on the doormat after a bit of a long day.
I should have mentioned it before in my other posts to warn others of the shock. Sorry about that.
It was 1 of the reasons why my arch liners from France got returned to sender 3 times because of problems with customs declaration paperwork and then when they finally made it over the border I had to pay a bill to DPD to finally receive them.
By that time I would have paid anything they wanted 😄

Reaction score
Just wanted to say.

If any of you are thinking of visiting Ireland at some stage and you want to
order parts from Europe, feel free to get them delivered to my address and
can organise somewhere to meet you to give you the parts to take back with you.

But I doubt many of you would suffer the potential waiting time to pick up the parts here,
and the savings might not be worth it, unless you are going all in on a 40ft container full of goodies ;)

But it might be another option for some of you.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just wanted to say.

If any of you are thinking of visiting Ireland at some stage and you want to
order parts from Europe, feel free to get them delivered to my address and
can organise somewhere to meet you to give you the parts to take back with you.

But I doubt many of you would suffer the potential waiting time to pick up the parts here,
and the savings might not be worth it, unless you are going all in on a 40ft container full of goodies ;)

But it might be another option for some of you.
A very kind offer there Francis, thanks for your thoughtfulness. :) (y)

Reaction score
A very kind offer there Francis, thanks for your thoughtfulness. :) (y)

Not a problem at all Ed,the offer is open to anyone if it helps them in any way.

I know most people will just suck it up and pay,but it might save someone a bit of hassle.

I am quickly developing new skills at trying to avoid having to pay extra bloody taxes,buying stuff in from England now.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just a wee word of caution on ordering these from Oreca, today I've received a import duty/customs clearance invoice from FedEx. So that's an extra £36 to pay on top of my original order, glad I ordered when there was the 15% discount on the site.

I'm going to query the import duty invoice, but tbh doubt I'll get anywhere, so there we go, some things in life do end up turning out to be too good to be true...

Just another note on this duty/customs invoicing business from TNT or as they are now; FedEx Express...

There were no details on how to actually settle the invoice sent with the invoice, so I had for some time this morning, to go round the houses with both FedEx and TNT to try and find a way to actually pay the darn thing. Whereupon I'm told I have to send them a remittance advice to an email address and then pay via BACS...

So, I'm going to duly do as they request, then invoice them for my time spent f**king around raising a remittance. Which at my hourly rate will be far in excess of the import duty due. I'll look forward to that conversation.

Last edited:

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone know the outcome of this if lets say you collected some wheels from over the water and they came back in the boot of your car?
It's a good question isn't it. I guess it would depend on whether you'd declare them and inform of the amount paid for them. I'm sure if it wasn't a van full of them you could likely sail through customs just fine.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Has anyone fitted theirs yet? I notice that the x4 cutouts in the centre aren't actually cut out... so some fettling required.