MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Well got some work done to the car the last month or so.

Redone the engine bay with painted plenums both upper and lower, new gaskets, painted engine cover with stickers.

Powder coated dogbone mount and poly bushed, powder coated subframe brackets.

Inside I have got new RS floor mats, new front and rear speakers also.

Outside I got the smaller front plate and silver indicator bulbs both front and back.

Engine work I done a full service using Renault parts.

The goodies I still have are AST solid top mounts, full black forge silicone hose kit, new rear discs and pads, new rear hand brake cables and mocal brake pipe flexes.

EngineCover006.gif

DogBone006.gif

DogBone007.gif

Inlet002.gif

Inlet003.gif

Picture002-3.gif

Picture008-2.gif

Picture015.gif

GFFLog001-2.gif

GFFLog003-2.gif

GFFLog008-1.gif

GFFLog010-1.gif

And how she sits

Sept015.gif

Sept013.gif

Sept018.gif

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Some very sensible modifications there!

Have managed to get a powdercoated gearbox mount that is just lacking the poly bushes. Hoping this will 'tighten' everything up as car feels very loose and get a knocking when changing from 1st to 2nd and then 2nd to third. Have you noticed any immediate improvements?

Re the upgraded speakers, are they standard Renault upgrade or cut and re-fit types?

Thanks

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
bearne1 said:

Have managed to get a powdercoated gearbox mount that is just lacking the poly bushes. Hoping this will 'tighten' everything up as car feels very loose and get a knocking when changing from 1st to 2nd and then 2nd to third. Have you noticed any immediate improvements?

Re the upgraded speakers, are they standard Renault upgrade or cut and re-fit types?

Thanks

I have a funny feeling you paid £15 for the powder coated mount from eBay as I have just sold one and it's getting posted this weekend.

It does help and I have noticed it tighten things up, now waiting till funds allow and the suspension if getting all refurbished with new rear shocks and the AST top mounts

Reaction score
Your exhaust looks as if its sitting a bit far in, is it a Yozza?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
MarcR said:
bearne1 said:

Thanks

I have a funny feeling you paid £15 for the powder coated mount from eBay as I have just sold one and it's getting posted this weekend.

It does help and I have noticed it tighten things up, now waiting till funds allow and the suspension if getting all refurbished with new rear shocks and the AST top mounts

Lmao, brilliant thanks, small world hey!!

Had my fronts done in 2010 and had new Sachs rears fitted earlier this year (got them v cheap :lol: ) and car handles well, just feel that everything else needs tightening up to suit.

Thanks

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Sam_K said:
Your exhaust looks as if its sitting a bit far in, is it a Yozza?

If i had a golden nugget for ever time this has been said i would be loaded :lol:

Spoke to Fred @ BTM and he did say that there is a one in 10,000 chance that its been made slightly shorter but its a long long shot and when i take my car down to him he is going to line it all up so it sits perfect.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
ste1985 said:
just the splitter now

From what i can see my car did have a fair few mods to it and from what i can see when the car is on the ramps it has small holes round the bottom of the bumper where i think a splitter has been.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
For reference, this is how mine sits.

Mine seemed to sit as far in as yours did before i replaced all the hangers and re-aligned it correctly myself. The garage who fitted it got it wrong somehow?

IMG_1521.jpg

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
My yozza ain't as bad as people make out and I would rather not have it out past the bumper

Sept007.gif

Sept008.gif

PatsSale005.gif

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
keith185 said:
Very nice. Have you got an aftermarket head unit or are you running standard one?

Running one of the best pioneer head units ever made IMO.

PIONNER DEH P77MP

1048518662072deh_p77mp_detailpage.jpg

Reaction score
Looks good but I agree with Dave I hate painted and flashy colours in engine bays. At the end of the day its covered by a bonnet.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Just hated the bareness of the bay without the cover and i thought that if i painted it black it would break it up and look alot fresher, The red one is NOT fitted and is in the shed alongside a standard one also.

Thanks for all the comments tho guys