Reaction score
Need to vent!

A couple of days ago I drove to the gym and parked in the quiet car park (only 3-4 other cars in it) as I'm paranoid about door-dingers. I come back out to see a still almost empty car park apart from some genius who decided to park their beaten up sh!tty Honda Accord within about a foot of 110's driver's side. I then notice a foot long scrape down the driver's door. Its not THAT noticeable but it hacks me off no end seeing as the car is in otherwise fantastic nick. Why are people so stupid?! I'm pretty sure it was deliberate, even if it wasn't they still deserve to be shot. I contemplated waiting for the responsible party coming out the gym but realised they'd only deny it and I'd just lose my rag. :evil: Hopefully some T-cut will sort it out but its maddening all the same.

Reaction score
Sad to hear stuff like that - hope the t cut works;lucky you don't live in France they park close and do things like that for a living!!

Reaction score
:( But t-cut is horrible stuff don' use it, get down to halfords and get some meguires Scratch-X. Also they are doing a megs/autoglym BOGOF at the moment.

Reaction score
Didn't know T-cut was so horrible! Thanks! Will have a look for the Scratch X. The whole incident just makes me wary of parking anywhere which is a shame!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The compounds don't break down in tcut so it carries on cutting whereas something like scratch-X the cutting compounds break down as you use it with the particles getting smaller and smaller so it cuts less and less so you end up with a finish without micro scratches. Ish.

Reaction score
Wish people would do the noble thing and pay for damage like this. Someone has recently put a small dent and scratch in my drivers door, it's left some paint from the car which hit it.... Point being, there is no fucking way you could not notice you hit it. Guy doing whatever to yours would have to be Stevie Wonder to not know.

Reaction score
Cheers chaps, off to Halfords this afternoon! Incident was obviously deliberate but there was literally nothing I could have done to prevent it happening short of never taking the car out the garage :(

Jay

Reaction score
I've just got a nasty bird poo stain out of the 200 and the only thing that worked was Swissvax's cleaner fluid and mechanical paint combined. Simply is the most awesome stuff I've ever used (borrowed off a mate). Wish I'd used that when I had the T.

Can't recommend it highly enough mate.

Reaction score
Hi Jay, I take it that stuff is for removing stains as opposed to scratches? Sounds good all the same.

Had limited success with the Scratch X stuff. Scratch is less noticeable but still very much in evidence. In better news I bought some turtlewax in the BOGOF offer in Halfords and #110 has shined up a treat. Now tucked up in the garage until the MOT on Wednesday, should hopefully sail through!

Jay

Reaction score
Hey

Its lightly abraisive so good for many different tasks. The cleaner fluid is great for swirls etc, but combined with the tiniest amount of mechanical paint, its amazing for marks, scratches etc.

Good luck for the MOT. My wife's RB182 just passed the other week:)

Reaction score
My girlfriend bought herself a little 206hdi about a year ago! I spent a while finding her a really mint one with low mileage. It was the first nice car she'd had and one night she parked it up outside our house, we came out in the morning and someone had decided to have a little dance all over the roof! There are some serious A*%holes out there! If it had been the 'T' I think there would have been a killing!

Reaction score
I just got my mark out with a clay bar, autoglyn super resin polish. Came out really well tbh. However you can still see the slight dent where the scratch was. I'd recommend that technique.