Reaction score
What are they, in mileage terms please ?

It was last serviced at the beginning of May at 4,500miles, when I purchased the car from Renault.

Now nearly 7 months on and i'm at 15,250miles, and wondering if i should try and get her looked at before the xmas break. Checked the oil saturday and it was bang on the level and unbelievably clean, so kinda happy about that, hasnt consumed a drop since i bought her. Had to top up my CTR nearly every other week, got kinda annoying tbh!!

Cheers.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
change of oil every 6 months or 6k at the most - you're under utilising the oil at anything less than that. But i wouldn't go two years and 12k on one change. I careful town driver may get away with it but not a tracked car.

The reno standards are designed to get you through 5 years, artificial ageing of components then kicks in, meaning you'll need a new car at some point.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you're doing those kind of miles then i'd do oil etc every 6k, me i'm doing less than that a year so full service once a year.

Reaction score
Cheers folks, gona book her in tomorrow for a service early December. Got a long drive to glasgow again (thisll be her 3rd trip there) for xmas.

Anyone used Renault in Harlow for servicing ?? Any good ?? Had a few parts from them; brake pads, wipers and the like and cant fault them on either price or service so far - which is nice. Very knowledgeable old guy that serves on the counter, top bloke.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Mark Fish Motorsport is in Harlow too.

Yeah, just left a message there cheers - good, is he?

Tried main dealer - £260 for a 24k service :shock: I dont think so. My evo only used to cost £245 at mitsubishi!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mark fish is excellent, i've not used him personally but many other have done and all have reported vg service levels.

Reaction score
Well dropped her off at Harlow Renault this morning at 8.

Already had the call to say the car is ready, so fingers crossed the service has gone to plan, will update later once the car is home.

Reaction score
My car is 4k from its 24K service being due. went into my local Reanult and cost of the service would be £276, which the guy said was a little steep so he said he would only charge £240.

Is that a reasonable price? your thoughts, i will be contacting Ren-tech to get a quote (unless any of you have a idea of what they charge.)

Reaction score
Well the bill came to exactly the £260 quoted, car was returned immaculate inside and out, warranty item appears to be sorted and she seems a little quieter too.

Girlfriend is using the car today and has already rung to say its pulling much harder, cant wait to go for a blast this evening.

All in all it seems to have been money well spent and id have to recommend Renault in Harlow (Darlingtons) on the back of this experience :)