Reaction score
This has been coming on then going off recently??? Sometimes it won't come on at all if you go out for a drive and other times it will stay on or light up randomly??

I have changed the steering wheel, but had the resistors fitted etc....

Any other ideas

Rich

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hhhmmmn this rings a bell with me, iirc something to do with either a lead under one of the front seats or the wiring to the resisitors.... sorry about the vagueness but a search may help....

Reaction score
It will be ur wheel mate, put some new resistors
in, mine was fine then 3 month later the lights came
on, i put new resistors in and lights have all gone now

Reaction score
I had the same problem with mine, i fiddled about with the cables under the front seats as i had cd cases trapping them, and since then it's never happened. Sometimes the cables get caught in the seat runners too, so it's worth looking there...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have this with mine, its just the cables under your passenger seat. I had a screen de-icer knocking them causing my lights to come on, moved it and problem gone.

Reaction score
Cheers guys I will check up tonight - if not i'm taking the steering wheel off to give it a good clean so will have a look!

Rich

Reaction score
The wires under the seat is a comon problem but i bet its ur wheel mate seen as tho u have changed it. I took resistors out my wheel airbag and put new ones in but also put the end
of another resister in aswell so it defo had a
good conection, mines not come back on now, driving must of made the original ones i put in wiggle their way loose

Reaction score
well I managed to take the steering wheel off and have a look - everything looked fine and the resistors were all in-tacked. When I put the wheel back on and drove home no lights came on..... So i will see how it goes. I have searched about the connections under the seats and unplugged them and put them back in again. Will see if it comes back on

Many thanks
Rich

Reaction score
Cool, hopefully theyl stay off now, if they come back on it may be worth tryn the new resistors, mine looked fine when i checked but lights kept on coming on so when i put new resistors in i put extra metal down to make sure the resistor was getting the conection

Reaction score
All fixed now! found one of the wires from the resistors kept sliding out slightly, so taped it up and hasn't come back on since!