Reaction score
We have a lesser clio model in our family - a 1.2 16V. I'm 6'4" and whilst the driving position is ok, heal and toe is virtually impossible.

How do the seats differ in terms of height in the 182 and trophy? Are they much lower and alow more room directly under the steering wheel for heel and toeing?

Cheers

Reaction score
The Recaro Trendlines in the Trophy are 10mm lower than the seats in the standard 182/Cup.

I'm 6'7" and can heel and toe quite easily, although I believe that to be a redundant term, as I use the sides of my foot with my heel firmly on the mat. With the steering wheel fully up, I can also move my hands all the way around the wheel (just about).

I actually found less leg-room and in the work's BMW 525 I drove recently, and a shocking amount of body roll and the engine to be absolutley gutless. The ultimate driving machine? Whatever.

Reaction score
That sounds convincing. I

Do you know how much the standard 182 seats differ in terms of height compared to the standard clio seats that are in the 1.2/1.4/1.6 etc?

Reaction score
182 seats in the full fat are much better then in the trophy!!!!!!! now hear me out!!!! i have raised the front end of my seats around 10mm with spacers.....this has made a huge difference,,,,,,,although all body types are different.....tis only my opinion i feels the the seat has become more comfortable in quick driving and a hell of alot more acceptable on longuns......even the passenger seat has becomer very supportive.........

dont hurt me!!!!!! i know i have just blasfeemed!!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
big_peaches said:
182 seats in the full fat are much better then in the trophy!!!!!!! now hear me out!!!! i have raised the front end of my seats around 10mm with spacers.....this has made a huge difference,,,,,,,although all body types are different.....tis only my opinion i feels the the seat has become more comfortable in quick driving and a hell of alot more acceptable on longuns......even the passenger seat has becomer very supportive.........

dont hurt me!!!!!! i know i have just blasfeemed!!!

omg, you've opened a can of worms there. Have you ever driven a Trophy?

Reaction score
big_peaches said:
182 seats in the full fat are much better than in the Trophy!!! Now hear me out!!! I have raised the front end of my seats around 10mm with spacers...this has made a huge difference...although all body types are different...'tis only my opinion, I feel the the seat has become more comfortable in quick driving and a hell of a lot more acceptable on long 'uns...even the passenger seat has become very supportive...

Dont hurt me!!! I know I have just blasphemed!!!

Sorry, I had to edit your quote a bit, it was upsetting me. Erm...If you believe that your Standard 182 is better in every conceivable way than a Trophy, which you clearly do, why have you made every effort to turn it into one? And why do you spend so much time on a Clio Trophy forum? Are you looking to be the new King Stromba?

Back to the seats though, can't you get the Recaro's as an option in the standard 182 anyway? So, they'll be the same, just 10mm higher? Or 20mm higher in your case!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I owned a full fat 172 for 2 years, and now the trophy for 14 months or so. I can say that for me the recaros are better in just about every way. More comfortable on long journeys, much more supportive, more adjustable to give a better driving position, better build / materials.....

Reaction score
I have driven a trophy and understand thats this will get some mouths wagging...thats the point...
but cannot stress enough this is my opinion and not a proclimation

i had noticed that the recaros were very hard and didnt feel as though i could relax in them, the only thing i have done to make my car like a trophy is had sachs suspension fitted.

i like my climate control and half leather seats too much...........

Reaction score
Weren't the sachs dampers on the trophy made uniquely for it? i.e. you can't buy them off the shelf?

Reaction score
yep your right i think but i got them from renault....through my dealers parts department

Reaction score
big_peaches said:
yep your right i think but i got them from renault....through my dealers parts department

Off that write-off, weren't they?

You like climate control and squishy seats eh? Sure you didn't want a diesel Mondeo?

(poke)

Reaction score
id never buy something as imprtant as sus from a write off....they were brand spankers.....used one of the number plates off a trophy from this site actually to get them..

Reaction score
big_peaches said:
id never buy something as imprtant as sus from a write off....they were brand spankers.....used one of the number plates off a trophy from this site actually to get them..

Very sly! That was a good idea, if a little unethical, so basically you've got a Trophy but with more power and in the colour of your choice and with your prefered seats?

It's no wonder you're on the Trophy site, telling everyone how inferior their cars are to yours. Good job. Although...no-one knows it's a Trophy do they? Are you sure you won't end up getting it sprayed Capsicum Red and slapping the decals on? Or just the decals, the french blue one looked OK. I don't advise you getting the V6 spoiler though, it looks the part but makes getting your mountain bike in the back a bit of a coont.

Better not have been my reg you used, I don't want replaced dampers going on my service record...

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
big_peaches said:
I have driven a trophy and understand thats this will get some mouths wagging...thats the point...
but cannot stress enough this is my opinion and not a proclimation

i had noticed that the recaros were very hard and didnt feel as though i could relax in them, the only thing i have done to make my car like a trophy is had sachs suspension fitted.

i like my climate control and half leather seats too much...........

Your Car Domain site said:
LEATHER AND ALCANTERA SEATS ARE A STEP UP FROM THE DYNAMIQUE ONES I HAD ON MY OLD CLIO LOL WOULD LOVE SOME TROPHY TREND LINES
TROPHEY SEATS ARE WELL NICE.

You might want to update your car domain site then :p

Fair enough if you don't like them though, thats why they were an option on the 182. I know which i'd rather have though.

Reaction score
the cardomain site has been a little shall we say left in th past...CLIOTROPHY RULES!!!!!!

ALTHOUGH I CANT SAY IT IS A TROPHY SO A DONT GET ALL THE PLEASURE : (

Day

Reaction score
You clearly knows nothing Mr Peaches

Having lapped Bedford Autodrome in the Trophy then got in a 182 straight after, guess which one almost made my lunch re-appear?

Reaction score
you obviously havent read any of my past posts....am pushin 220bhp, with high lifts and a remap...i have sasch sus and the only thing different from a trophy is the colour and the v5 log book......

Reaction score
dont know what your gettin at.......................so which one made your lunch re appear....is that good are you into that type of thing????

Day

Reaction score
The standard seats don't hold you as well.

Those recaro's are soooooo much better in every way!