Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
yep, they stick you on the RR and do 2 or 3 runs to map it to your requirements.

they only recently been able to offer this - they used to just do custom maps.

That is my understanding of a live map as well, just wondered if Matt had a different take on it or if there was any significance to the words "live map on a clio" in particular.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Cue said:
yep, they stick you on the RR and do 2 or 3 runs to map it to your requirements.

they only recently been able to offer this - they used to just do custom maps.

That is my understanding of a live map as well, just wondered if Matt had a different take on it or if there was any significance to the words "live map on a clio" in particular.

A live re-map session is where the code is changed as the car is running.

As I understand it companies like RSTuning (and I stand to be corrected) run the car on the rolling road and create a datalog file. Using that information they can see where the engine is running lean etc within the rev range and then make small adjustments. It is exactly the same method as used by Henk, the only difference is that you create the log file and email it to him.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mmmm, that's food for thought, might save a long trip up the motorway and a lot of pennies.

Reaction score
7MAT said:
I don't actually know of any company that does a true live mapping service for the clio?

The reason I ask is I have a friend that gets his SC'd EP3 map tweaked by a close friend of his & after seeing his latest graph it looks like it's been done very well indeed.

So if it is possible to have it live mapped, it could be hooked up to my car & tweaked on the road until we were happy.

Some of the Honda guys have been tweaking their own maps with varied success using KPRO, I'm trying to establish if this is a close Clio equivilant tbh.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
to be honest i was under the impression they did the map while the car was running, otherwise it would be only a custom map in my book and not a 'live' map.

Paul @ RST did say he didn't get many requests for the 'live' map but could do them.. I didn't go into any more detail than that though as i assume his 'live' map description is the same as mine and Matt's.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So down to the definition of live then, beenon the RST site and the description ties in with what Matt said. More digging required as i would want a whilst running map.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
as i would want a whilst running map.

Snap Hoolio :wink:

Thats why I'm wondering about whether this has the function to do so, if it does I could well be placing an order & calling in a couple of favours :twisted:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Matt that's fair enough, this will be my second map and I'd like to get it right and am just trying to learn as much about the process as i can, but i sort of assumed that if did did one thing you'd have an effect somewhere else and with a live map that would more controllable, or am i totally in the wrong ball park :?

Reaction score
7MAT said:
Personally I just don't understand why you want a live map, the end results will be the same.

It would just be because it wouldn't cost me alot.

I know all the cars are built to be equal, but surely a bespoke map to you own car would be slightly better & having it mapped on the road as opposed to a set of rollers wouldl better?

Just thinking aloud, I'm by no means technically minded, just makes sense or does it? :lol:

Reaction score
MAT, i recieved my rs pro 2day, installed driver, but when i went to plug the OBD II cable into my laptop it doesnt fit? It has a male connector and so does my laptop?
Did you have this issue?
I have e-mailed Henk, im totally confused.
Has he sent my the incorrect cable or something?
Cheers

Reaction score
scott said:
MAT, i recieved my rs pro 2day, installed driver, but when i went to plug the OBD II cable into my laptop it doesnt fit? It has a male connector and so does my laptop?
Did you have this issue?
I have e-mailed Henk, im totally confused.
Has he sent my the incorrect cable or something?
Cheers

Im think as crap, forget the above, took me about 5 mins to realise the OBD connects to the box. Now i feel like a right T^&T. :oops:

Reaction score
I did my car on the performance anyaliser included in the RSTuner Pro software and it came out at 135bhp and 160nm torque @ 5190rpm at the wheels, i obviously couldnt take it any higher than this for speed limit reasons. Im sure if i could get it on a private road / track i could get it higher still.
These figures do seem a little low but im comparing them to the others on the rolling road table which were all done on a dyno / proper rolling road @ average of about 6600rpm.
Would be good to compare them with MAT when he get around to trying it out, or anyone else who has a RSTuner Pro.
My car is standard appart from a K&N Panel filter.

Reaction score
scott said:
I did my car on the performance anyaliser included in the RSTuner Pro software and it came out at 135bhp and 160nm torque @ 5190rpm at the wheels, i obviously couldnt take it any higher than this for speed limit reasons. Im sure if i could get it on a private road / track i could get it higher still.
These figures do seem a little low but im comparing them to the others on the rolling road table which were all done on a dyno / proper rolling road @ average of about 6600rpm.
Would be good to compare them with MAT when he get around to trying it out, or anyone else who has a RSTuner Pro.
My car is standard appart from a K&N Panel filter.

I've still not had a chance to play with the analyzer tool yet or even send Henk my data log for my custom map - hopefully this weekend.

135bhp at the wheels = approx 167bhp

A std 182 with decent mileage under its belt should produce 144 at the wheels (179bhp ie 182ps).

What's your mileage Scott?

Reaction score
51000 miles now but i would still like to see results from someone who has used the analyzer tool. I think my results would be different on a rolling road.
Like i said before i only took it to about 5190rpm so may not have reached it peak, if you look on the rolling road table on here their peak power was at about 6500rpm.
Will keep you updated on any developments.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Should peak before 6600, that is it where it falls off dramatically. Can you not plot yours against another readout to give a ballpark figure?

Reaction score
scott said:
51000 miles now but i would still like to see results from someone who has used the analyzer tool. I think my results would be different on a rolling road.
Like i said before i only took it to about 5190rpm so may not have reached it peak, if you look on the rolling road table on here their peak power was at about 6500rpm.
Will keep you updated on any developments.

At 51K you Trophy is nicely run in.

Just dug out my old rolling road map from Surrey Rolling Road & at 5190rpm mine was making 160bhp at the fly (this was before inlets, maxogen and RStuner map).

Will run the analazer this weekend and report back, but your Trophy sounds very healthy!

Reaction score
7MAT said:
At 51K you Trophy is nicely run in.

Just dug out my old rolling road map from Surrey Rolling Road & at 5190rpm mine was making 160bhp at the fly (this was before inlets, maxogen and RStuner map).

Will run the analazer this weekend and report back, but your Trophy sounds very healthy!

Cheers mate, just ran it again today, in the wet, and it came out at the same bhp and a extra 9nm torque@6000rpm.
Should be good to see what sort of figures you get with your mods.