Returning seats to upright position

Reaction score
All,

Here's my stupid post of the day - I've scanned the handbook but can't find the info.

How should I return the Recaros to their normal upright position after they've been put forward for rear access?

Should I just push it back on its runners, and then force the seat back, back until its in position? That seems to take more force and be more violent than I would expect.

Cheers,

Roger.

Reaction score
Yep, smash it back. I tend to avoid sliding them forward at all, doesn't feel like a particularly quality mechanism, plus it rattles on the rail sometimes. (Passenger side)

Reaction score
Same here when I viewed the car I actually asked the previous owner to do it as i was scared it was going to snap presale.

Bit of a wiggle from side to side i find helped too.

Reaction score
I tend to push it back on the runners and force the seat-back to upright, but while also keeping the release mechanism on the seat-back lifted. Could be psychological, but seems to be easier to return to upright by doing that.

Reaction score
I push the seat back then use my head while holding the two leavers down to get the backrest to go in place I hate passengers lol

Reaction score
Cheers all - good to know.

My justification for purchasing this car was that it is my wife's 'run around' - and with that comes 2 kids who are going to be in and out of the back seats fairly regularly......

So bench removal is not an option :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, smash it back. I tend to avoid sliding them forward at all, doesn't feel like a particularly quality mechanism, plus it rattles on the rail sometimes. (Passenger side)

Slide the passenger seat forward one notch. I found the passenger seat rattle only occurs when the seat is all the way back.