Reaction score
Hello everyone. My Trophy has had a problem for the past two weeks :( I'll start from the beginning. Around two weeks ago i went to Renault Leicester to get a small interior light fixed (the illumination for the mirror controls on the drivers' door). Turned out that it doesn't even have a light in it. I must have confused it with the controls in my other car-lol. Anyway, they had my car for about twentyfive mins while i waited. I then drove off home and parked it for the day. Two days later i took the car out for a drive and that's when i noticed it. There was excess black deposit around the exhaust tips and the car didn't feel as responsive. The power is still there but it's seemed to have lost that extra bite :( The revs don't move as freely as before and the engine note sounds abit muted. It's lost that "rasp". Before, there would be a mixture of exhaust and engine note but now the car just sounds like a standard 182 with a loud exhaust. I don't see the point in blaming Renault Leic. as they'd probably just turn around and say they didn't even lift the bonnet. I took it to AWT today and they tried a few things (checked compression, sensors,plugs etc) but found nothing. I've also done a diagnostics and emissions test but still nothing. AWT said it's burning too much fuel, i.e. the excess black gunk, but the plugs showed otherwise. Could it be the map or something? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Asim.

Reaction score
Oxygen sensor in CAT, think this is what tells ECU regarding mixture.

How long have you not used your car for?????? Any petrol will loose it's octane if left for a long time.

Ie; a lawn mower left over the winter is crap until you put fresh fuel in.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Could it be that they wiped the map that you had done when you fitted the cams?

Reaction score
Steve - It's always ran on old fuel-lol. Still need to check the O2 sensor. I wonder what Renault will have to say about checking a sensor in an aftermarket exhaust. Hoolio - AWT mentioned this as a possibility. I hope it's not erased or it'll be my fourth re-map! Will have to check it with Paul at RST. Cue - No it has a cat. The one that came as part of the exhaust system. I've booked it in for Monday with Renault. Fingers crossed they'll figure something out. [-o< ps. sorry about the messy post. Its from my phone.