Replacing Door Handles

Reaction score
Had a search on the forum but cant seem to see any info in regards to changing door handles.

I've had a pair of door handles sprayed as mine were pink so im wondering if its an easy job to swap them over and if there's a guide to do this? Or should I just leave it to a garage to sort lol

Need to do the boot diamond too but im thinking thats just a case of removing the boot panel from inside and then I hope to see 2 nuts holding it in place (going off the back of my freshly painted one)

Reaction score
I've done the same as you a while ago. It's a simple job really once you have the inner door cards off, don't force the door cards, if they are holding on in the middle you've missed a screw! . Just a couple of 10mm nuts on the threaded parts you have on the handles then clip the hooked control rod off the little clip. When you've done one the other is simple. Regards the boot, yes inner trim off then 2 nuts and the control rod. Don't close the tailgate though or you have to scramble through the back seat to open it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've done the same as you a while ago. It's a simple job really once you have the inner door cards off, don't force the door cards, if they are holding on in the middle you've missed a screw! . Just a couple of 10mm nuts on the threaded parts you have on the handles then clip the hooked control rod off the little clip. When you've done one the other is simple. Regards the boot, yes inner trim off then 2 nuts and the control rod. Don't close the tailgate though or you have to scramble through the back seat to open it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers pal, the boot sounds easy enough so I will start with that one, I still have the roof strips to do but you have given me guidance on that job earlier so again, hopefully straight forward!