Rear Lights bad earth!

Reaction score
Hi there, it's MOT time for my T!
After I put twelve months test on it, it is provisionally for sale as due to a new job I have a longer travel! I cannot warrant keeping it and buying another car, too much money in it to just sit there as a toy! So if anyone may be interested then do give me a shout!
Anyway besides a couple of other small issues I have noticed that need recifying before the test; while checking the lights I have noticed that when the car is in reverse and I apply the brake, the brake light and reverse light on the NS both dim and flicker! I am aware Clio's suffer from this issue as I often follow ones with similar issues, where the indicators and reverse lights flash while sat in traffic!
I was wondering, how do I cure this as even if it does pass MOT like it is I would like to rectify this issue to clear any future problems especially with me putting it up for sale soon!
Many thanks, Danny.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Also check the actual bulbs. I've seen it where a blackened bulb causes earthing issues or check where the bulb seats.

Reaction score
Okay thanks for your help I was aware that it most likely was an earth issue just wasn't sure if there was a particular culprit that caused this issue!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine failed on this last year, the connection ports on the rear lights were a little green, screwdriver wrapped in sandpaper and cleaned up the points and all sorted - no more disco lights when breaking!

Reaction score
Mine failed on this last year, the connection ports on the rear lights were a little green, screwdriver wrapped in sandpaper and cleaned up the points and all sorted - no more disco lights when breaking!

As above also bend the inner metal grab pair pins so they are closer together and therefore a better connection onto the pin.