Reaction score
I'm due to be changing my rear discs. I have bought standard ones with the abs ring and bearing already attached. Are these still just a simple swap like the front ones would be, or is there a little more to it when the bearing and abs ring is involved?

Thanks.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I'm due to be changing my rear discs. I have bought standard ones with the abs ring and bearing already attached. Are these still just a simple swap like the front ones would be, or is there a little more to it when the bearing and abs ring is involved?

Thanks.

Its a direct swap but i think alot of people change the spacer also aswell as the Circlip & hub nut.

In the picture you below the items are number 8, 11 & 12

RearDisc.gif

Reaction score
Did mine at the weekend - pretty straight forward. The circlip identified was already fitted to my assembled discs, and there was no evidence of any wear or corrosion to the spacers?

Reaction score
Did mine at the weekend - pretty straight forward. The circlip identified was already fitted to my assembled discs, and there was no evidence of any wear or corrosion to the spacers?

Thats what I'm hoping for. I'm confident enough to tackle brake discs but when it comes to bearings I don't have a clue. So it's good to know its an easy swap.

Reaction score
I did mine myself. I fitted Brembo HC disks (also with bearing) but that was really overkill and not required as they do little braking effort.

The job was easy enough. Hardest part was winding in the caliper enough to fit the pads in.

Reaction score
I did mine myself. I fitted Brembo HC disks (also with bearing) but that was really overkill and not required as they do little braking effort.

The job was easy enough. Hardest part was winding in the caliper enough to fit the pads in.
ohh are they screw type calipers ? I did not realise this... is this the same for the front ?

Reaction score

Any tricks to consider to stop the edges rusting, before you put the disks in, i'm tempted to silver hammerite them??

Reaction score

So at the end of the day they're as easy to change as the front ones? I was just worried about all the bearing business.

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Did you have to swap the ABS ring over? I've just got some Brembo rears that didn't come with ABS rings and am now wondering if I have just made the job a lot harder.

Reaction score
The calipers do need screwing in. There is a really clear guide on Clio sport which shows what is required. I had a caliper winding tool anyway for my motorbike. It didn't exactly fit but was easier than winding with a screwdriver.

Regarding the ABS ring - it just popped off when hit with a hammer drift. Its then pushed back onto the new disk. Make sure it's the put on the new disk same direction but it's not a tricky job.

I do wish I had pained the disks before fitting as they are rusting a bit. I didn't bother though.

Reaction score
Does anyone have a guide for doing these? Or a link to that one on clio sport that was mentioned?

Reaction score
Remove wheel, undo rear caliper yoke bolts (16mm). Undo rear stub axle nut (30mm). Disc slides off complete with bearings and ABS ring. Clean stub axle and spacer. Fit new disc. Tighten axle nut to 175Nm. Wind caliper piston in (I used the square edge of a 14mm spanner). Align marks on piston with bleed screw. Replace pads if required. Fit caliper and tighten yoke bolts to 60Nm. Seat pads and bleed fluid. Replace wheel.

Reaction score
Remove wheel, undo rear caliper yoke bolts (16mm). Undo rear stub axle nut (30mm). Disc slides off complete with bearings and ABS ring. Clean stub axle and spacer. Fit new disc. Tighten axle nut to 175Nm. Wind caliper piston in (I used the square edge of a 14mm spanner). Align marks on piston with bleed screw. Replace pads if required. Fit caliper and tighten yoke bolts to 60Nm. Seat pads and bleed fluid. Replace wheel.

Perfect! That's just what I was looking for. Thanks very much!

Reaction score
how does the abs ring work?, i see it has teeth, and i see the sensor? inside.

Reaction score
The abs ring spins with the disc. The sensor picks up the 'teeth' as it passes and calculates how fast it's going. If it suddenly see's one brake corner slowing to fast or locking up the abs is activated to limit the skidding.

chris