Reaction score
I am trying to change rear discs.... Got the new ones at Unipart but they didn't give me the bearings... How does all this work??

Do I buy new ones and get them fitted by someone with a press?
or
Use the old ones... How do I get them out the old ones.... do I need a press?

You guys know what I'm talking about... can you possible explain in plain English!!!!

jsthomson

Reaction score
I'd buy new rear bearings.

You'll need a press to get new ones on. Never tried taking old ones off so can't comment on that.

Sorry I'm not of more use. Always gone for renault rear discs with bearings already on to save the hassle.

Reaction score
Thanks for reply.

I would have gone to Renault if I had realised the hassle.

Is it easy to get old discs off... I have been told its a bit of a nightmare???

Will go to Renault on Monday i guess.. then try to get money back on unipart discs or sell on ebay????

jsthomson

Reaction score
Not sure, it's one of the jobs I let my local garge do :lol:

K-tec stock rear wheel bearing seperate, so possibly renault/motor factors would too? I've heard of some people having trouble fitting the bearings onto some discs though, but then these might be ebay-special discs :lol:

There not cheap genuine renault rear discs/wheel bearings though but then they don't need changing that often and less hassle.

Reaction score
I bought them pre-pressed from k-tec, more or less the same price as Reno.
As for removing / fitting them mine were easy, only issue i had was the bearing was gone on the rear off side so it took a bit getting off..... with a hammer! The other side just pulled off. iirc it didnt take too long either.

Reaction score
Hi There,

I had a rear wheel bearing go on the Trophy a few weeks ago, and due to a lack of tools (a press) and the fact the rear discs were going to need repalced soon, I replaced the lot.

I got discs from Northwest Performance (http://www.northwestperformance.co.uk/p ... 7lqu309h21)

Discs are Genuine Renault items (came in the Renault box, and have ABS sensors and wheel bearings already fitted) Service from Northwest Performance was very good too.

From getting jack out to finishing the job on both rear wheels was less than 40 mins. Really was very straight forward.

Discs seem to be good, and I've had no issues since.

Hope that helps,

Ed

Reaction score
Don't use old bearings!! Easier to buy disc with bearings and abs ring already fitted: other than that the job is really easy though - less than 20 mins a side.

Reaction score
Hey...

Got them from Northwest Performance... next day delivery £100 everything included.

Thank you again.

jsthomson

Reaction score
What pads do ppl use for the rear standard or upgraded???? I will be upgrading the fronts to Brembo Max and Pagid Blues.

jsthomson

Reaction score
Hey....

Discs and Pads on the car and working well!!! ... so far anyway :D

So new rear discs, pads, shocks and springs new front pads.

Now for the front suspension reconditioning, rear and front bumpers and air splitter.

jsthomson

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
jsthomson said:
What pads do ppl use for the rear standard or upgraded???? I will be upgrading the fronts to Brembo Max and Pagid Blues.

jsthomson
i use frodo ds2500's but to be honest oem ones would do for road work - i just find they didn't last long enough when i took mine on track.