Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been looking at these on a group buy over on Clio Sport and wondered what everyones thoughts were? I use the Trophy for fast road use and 4-5 track days per year. I was wondering:-

- Will they make much of a difference or are the just a bit of a gimmick?
- Are these the best set up? Any alternatives?
- Anything to be aware of?

Would appreciate any input,

Thanks, Nick

http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
They do make the ride very harsh, for the track they are perfect but I'd stay clear of them for road use if you have fillings, as the T become a proper bone shaker.

I could sort of live with them as I use it as a second car but for an everyday car it's too harsh imo.

Reaction score
I agree on the top mounts and have heard different opinions on strut braces as to whether they make that much difference on a modern car which is fairly stiff anyway, anybody know any more?

Reaction score
No point having a strut brace with rubber top mounts imo; whether the brace helps at all is debateable - maybe with slicks it might start to make real sense...

I have STM's, and a strut brace, and stiffer engine and box mounts as it happens; it's harsher on road than stock but not unbearable (it's a Clio not a Bentley!) - lovely on track, no slack anywhere :) a strut brace weighs sod all and at the end of the day can do no harm and probably would make things better rather than worse, so no harm done trying one. But as above, mine is not a daily driver.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Pretty much agree with the above I actually have no problem with STM's but my mileage is small.

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts guys, i do use the car as a daily driver but only around 15 miles a day so nothing too heavy.

I think I may give them a try as there seems to be a fairly healthy 2nd hand market for them over on Clio Sport anyway.

Any thoughts on how the Pure Motorsport would compare to AST top mounts?

Are any of you running these?

thanks, Nick

Reaction score
I would imagine that as the PMS strut brace is attached directly to the STM's that it would be the best solution out there in terms of chassis stiffness & bracing, whether that is what you want on the car is entirely up to you though i guess.

FYI, for those that have been around the french car scene for a while, Colin Satchell works at PMS, he has one of those reputations that is how do i say this, 'godlike' ....

Reaction score
If it was my choice i would chose the pure motorsport solid to mounts and strut brace over the ast's bare in mine that on the ast's you will need to purchase stronger bolts as they have a tendency to break.

The pure motorsport strut brace from what i remember reading is pretty much what the race cup cars use to run well something very similar.

Im currently running standard mounts due to mainly road use and omp brace however i find the front one does nothing other than look pretty but the rear changed the handling, It helped on cornering at higher speeds and car felt more stable thats for sure and was noticed straight away after fitting.

My main reason for fitting braces is due to every clio i have owned in the mk2 shape has always had the doors and the body move so that the doors touch the roof/b pillar at the top and knock the paint off. My brother currently has a mk2 ph2 and its done the same on his as it has on my previous 2 clio's so fitting the braces was a must on this one and so far all is well so it must have done somthing.