G

Okay, picked up Trophy 207 a couple of weeks back and today the quest began to make it like new! I'm aiming for a 100% factory-fresh look and feel and after not really getting anything much done in the past couple of weeks, progress is finally being made! Now, when I collected it, it was clear this car has been cared for by its previous owner - generally it was very clean indeed and the condition of it in general was excellent. There were still a few things to do, though, and so it has begun!

So far, I have:
*Fitted Philips Silver Vision indicator bulbs all round;
*Replaced the sidelight and brake light bulbs with new ones;
*Fitted official Renault Bosch Aerotwin wipers;
*Got a couple of small scuff marks off the underside of the front splitter;
*Replaced the passenger-side rear seatbelt clip as this was broken (well, Ren-O-Tec of Chelmsford did it - I'd have messed it up!);
*Touched-up the odd small stone chip;
*Fitted new dust caps to the wheels (old ones were a mish mash!);
*Fitted an ITG panel filter;
*Had five small parking dings removed (two on the offside door, one on the offside quarter, two on the offside quarter) by Diamond Dents; and
*Fitted new Speedline decals to each alloy (see separate thread).

Still to do includes:
*Damper refurbishment;
*Full service and cam belt change;
*Geometry setup and general mechanical health-check;
*Have a small area on the front bumper re-sprayed (seems to have been lightly knocked on something and then touched up with a brush - looks a bit dodgy on otherwise immaculate bodywork!);
*Full anorak-style detail with paint correction and all that jazz; and
*Fit the Renaultsport mat set I have in the garage once the interior has been thoroughly cleaned.

After all that I'll be done! :lol: Quite rewarding, though!

G

Couple of quick pictures:
The bit that needs re-spraying
IMG_0333.jpg
No dents!
IMG_0335.jpg
New stickers!
IMG_0331.jpg

is1

Reaction score
David87
You remind me of me. I am like that - I have the Speedline decals on the way, glad to see you got yours quickly and I took your recommendation on the colour.
Undecided about the clear lights, I did it on the Evo Tommi (although that was whole front indicator unit, clear for orange) but then all the press shots of the car had orange indicators:-(
Mine has 16k on it but I've decided against the dampers yet as it feels pin sharp and from my past experience of this sort of thing, I'd get them back and think "cost=£500, difference=none that I can feel".
I'll just use it over the next 12 months and take it from there. They will get done eventually though.

As for the other post, paintless dent removal varies. Some do it per panel (£40-50 is common), others minimum say £40 and treat that as an hourly rate so if they take three dents out in that time, you pay £40. Not met one of these yet, but believe they exist. I just paid £90 for 4 TINY pin dents, three on one side and one on the other but the guy is one of the best around - been doing it since before it was widely known, travelled internationally doing it, trained most around the Midlands etc.

G

Yeah, seems we're afflicted with the same mental perfection problem! :lol: Glad you got the decals sorted - they really are excellent! I'm really pleased with 'em.

Regarding the cost of the dent removal, it was £80 + VAT for the lot. Pretty good value I thought!

G

Okay, round two is now complete - the following has now been done:

*Damper refurbishment by BG Motorsport (the nitrogen had escaped out of the nearside unit, meaning no damping!);
*Full service and cam belt change;
*Geometry setup and general mechanical health-check (as part of this the exhaust mounts were changed as they had perished and a small exhaust blow sorted);
*Had the area on the front bumper painted; and
*Fitted the Renaultsport mat set.

Just need the super clean-y man to come and do it sometime now.

is1

Reaction score
David
The problem you're now going to have is, like me, you'll have to bagsy the best (i.e. widest) spot at work to park meaning early mornings, park in the furthest corner from the entrance at Sainsburys (and everywhere else) to make sure yummy mummy in her Q7/X5/Range Rover doesn't park next to you and re-do your door and quarter panel for you and so on.

I've almost given up trying to plan the arrival at the end of every journey and just thought enjoy it whatever happens. I'm not planning to sell it anytime soon and when I do there'll always be something else to fawn over and start again!

G

I know what you mean about the parking! Have always been the same - the girlfriend always complains about having to walk miles to where we're going. :lol: