Reaction score
New to the forum and the Trophy – just bought 415. I am having trouble sourcing two brand new Pilot Exalto PE2s locally to me here in west Kent. Any idea where I can find them for around £110 each?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i may have a source - need to make sure they're the right tyre first as supply in the UK is limited at the mo and I can't belive this distributor has a large number of them... once i check it out i'll post up ....

Reaction score
Spitfire? Kent? You work at Sheperd Neame or something? :wink:
Costco/Kwik-fit for around £120 is always somewhere to look. If you do a search you'll find a boatload of threads on tyres and maybe get a few decent links from there.
Welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Many thanks for the steer – any further feedback would be much appreciated. Wy the current shortage? I work in aviation publishing actually, hence the Spitfire monicker

Reaction score
Bought a pair from etyres.co.uk for £235.60, including fitting on my driveway. I have been told that stocks of Exalto PE2s are running very low at the moment.

As an aside, has anyone had dealings with newish Renault garage renKnow (www.renknow.co.uk) in Kemsing, Kent? Thinking of getting my Trophy serviced here later in the year

Reaction score
Well, etyres phoned me this morning to say that they didn't have any PE2's in stock in my area. What a surprise! I would have assumed they would check this before taking my money :?

I spoke to camskill ( 01946 518202 ) and ordered 2 from them today. You have to give them a call as they're not listed on the website yet. £87.50 + 2.45 p+p each.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm still a fair way from wearing mine out :oops: but i'm debating whether to get some in if the doubt's about future availability persist.

Reaction score
Surprise, surprise. Just had a call from the local etyre depot and they too are out of PE2s! Where is Camskill in relation to me here in Sevenoaks, Kent. Do they definitely hold stock, and will they ship them to me?

Ajr

Reaction score
I've used camskill loads of times, only problem is finding somewhere that will fit tyres that they don't supply.
I'd recommend trying chessington tyres in tonbridge for the tyres, they're my preferential choice for tyres, balancing & tracking.

Reaction score
Thanks Ajr. Just spoken to Camskill, who do indeed have stock of the PE2s. Have also been in touch with renKnow in Kemsing, who will fit the tyres for £15 each. If you are using the garage in Tonbridge does that mean that you are local in west kent? If so, where have you been going for servicing of the Trophy?

Ajr

Reaction score
£15 a corner for fitting is quite steep but i guess there isn't much else you can do. I can often get them fitted for £5 a corner, or even free depending on the mood of my contacts :lol:

Yeah i'm local in west kent. I do almost everything on the trophy myself, bar the tracking, tyre fitting and cambelt. I would do the cambelt if i had the special renault tools but i don't and would rather leave it to rentech as they can do it with renault parts for not much over what it'd cost me just for the parts :roll:
Trust myself over the useless renault techs around here! Gave the trophy some fresh synthetic oil and OE filter at the weekend and it feels smoother and sounds much better :D Cost a whole £20 inc vat for a renault filter and Fuchs 5w40 synth!

Reaction score
You are clearly more adept at motoring mechanicals than I could ever profess to be! Happy to pay for the tyres to be fitted by renKnow, and it will also give me an opportunity to scope the place before I decide on taking it there for a service. 415 was serviced by Rentech in August, so it may well go back there in the summer for its next one too - give me an excuse to have a wander around Old Pompey and enjoy some fish n chips by the seaside!

Ajr

Reaction score
Some of my friends have used rentech and recommended them so that's where i'll go for the cambelt :D

Basic servicing is extremely easy! The only hard bit about the oil change is getting the oil filter off, which realistically needs one of the tools with 3 arms on it that fits over the end and you use a ratchet to undo it, as access is a bastard! Renault tech guide says remove inlet manifold iirc, must be having a giraffe! All you need is the filter removal tool, sump plug key & ratchet, and the parts! Air filter is pretty easy just needing screwdriver, 10mm socket, torx bits(T35 iirc) and ratchet!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you don't need to remove the inlet just the fuel rail guard - 20 seconds of a job. it allow access to the filter then.

there's a guide as to how to do it - just an oil service is easy and will save you a packet... certainly something to try - the guide is very easy to follow.