Reaction score
I have some fitted to mine, overall it did make a slight improvement in throttle response. In all if the air flow is made better than standard something will make an improvement :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's true Rich but the inlets fitted to the Trophy although not great, and he dug a lot of excess metal off mine, they are a lot better than earlier versions and I don't think doing this really has the benefits claimed unless you plan on exhaust, IK, remap etc and if I was doing all those things I'd be thinking about the JMS manifold.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Get a price from 519 automotive and JAM-sport as well. I found the angleworks to be quite pricey when I looked into it.

Reaction score
I recently fitted port matched inlets & I also removed the small step and polished my throttle body plus flushed the back of the screws on the spindle.

I instantly noticed a much smoother power delivery, an eagerness to rev better at higher rpm & have seen an increase on my average mpg from 37.8 over 2500miles prior to fitting, to 39.5 over the 800miles since fitting.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've just remembered. Angelworks are the ones who lose cars and engines and disappear off the face of the earth. Avoid.

Reaction score
I had mine machined at angelworks a couple of years ago and was pleased with the result. Much more difference than my orbisoud! Better mid range pick up on mine.

Reaction score
don't get a lower matched on their own, waste of time.
The 182 Manifold (especially on the trophy) was different to the Ph1 172 and Ph 2 172 which suffered really badly from the step, if you look at our lower Manifold when you take it of it has a massive RS stamp on it, the previous models didn't.
however the inlet matching is still poor. matched inlets do deliver much smoother power curve and better response i feel. i would recommend it, but get matched upper and lowers. JMS i know i sing their praises far to often ... however, they match inlets as a set, so they are twinned .... perfect.
if your doing it i would also go to K-Tec and get some PTFE Gaskets. theres a Bloke on CS who sells ones that arent worth the plastic their cut on, K-Tecs are cut well and more importantly WORK!! doesnt matter how long or how hard ive been driving, the manifolds are cold enough to touch always. so the air stays cold all the way up to the point it goes into the engine and its a cool party trick to show people, touch my engine i dare you! WTF its cold!! ah yer.