Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share something i did at weekend! Went to grantham, linc to a compan called 'Paintshield'

They offer a guaranteed solution to stonechips. They supply and fit precision laser cut shapes that cover the stonchip prone areas of the car. I had my bonnet, front wings, front bumper and wing mirrors done. There was a lovely blue V6 there having the same treatment too.

Its a very impressive, spotless unit that has really helpful freindly staff that told me everything i needed to know.

The film itself is 98% invisible and fits like a silk glove. Ive been worried about the stonchips with winter etc and thought i'd get it done whilst it is chip free!

Have a look at the link below, probably explain things a bit better. these guys cater for all cars such as porsche, jag mercs etc etc.

Money well spent for me as i have experienced 'smart' repairs before and poor paint jobs that never ever look factory fresh. Plus i'm a bit obsessed with keeping things mint.

Anyone want any pics ( theres nowt to see!) the i will post up.

www.paintshield.co.uk

Matt

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I paid a discounted price of 300 as i already bought some film and attempted to fit it myself and messed up. I think the club discount price will be about the same. If you compare that price to the cost of a repaint then its money well spent IMO

Reaction score
is it worth getting the plastic wings done? Also could you give me details of the dealer you went to as I have been quoted the following:

The full kit will consist of,

Bonnet, wings, wing mirror fronts, front bumper and rocker panels.

The total installed price in euro is 650.00 including your club member discount of 10%.

We can also offer headlight/foglight protection for your car for euro 79.95

Please contact me should you have any questions.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
go on the link i posted and the adress is there along with phone number. its in grantham, linconshire

yes its deffo worth gettin them done, ok they wont rust but they will look sh*t all dashed in chips in 12 months time.

Reaction score
i'm tempted its only 20 miles away from me, it just bothers me that it will stick out and if you want to take it off in a years time its damaged the paint or you can see faded areas where it has been put on. As you say they do get covered in stone chips.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
its guaranteed not to fade, chip or scuff. Its hardly visible and in years to come it can be removed easily, just warm with a hairdrier and peel off. you get a warranty with it too.

honestly its the best thing ive bought for a car for years. Get it done before the winter perils ruin your car. Whenever ive looked at cars to buy, the stonechipped panels have always pee'd me off.

i'm not trying to plug it, its just i'm really into looking after my cars and am really chuffed with this soloution.