Reaction score
Hi guys I'm back in a Renault now not a trophy but a LY 182. Can you still buy orbisound exhausts and if so where from?

The other question is are they worth it over a miltek?

Thanks

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Orbisoud are regarded as one of the best quality exhausts you can get.
Milltek are regarded as one of the worst. (poor welds, they crack, they dont fit properly).

The orb is quite hard to come by though I think

Reaction score
Marc,

I have a mate who is selling an Orbi - based in Leighton Buzzard with me.

Happy to put you in touch - he needs a standard exhaust in p/ex though.

Good to see that you got the LY :D

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I think you can get them still but only direct through the factory/distributor.

I have the loud version on my T and it's a nice system, purchased it second has as I've always wanted one but didn't want to pay the full sales price. If I was to replace it I would look at the Janspeed. I used to have one on before and changed to the Orb for something louder.

If you want loud, then try the Yozzasport one: http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/proddetail. ... hy_exhaust

Reaction score
Ive read quite a lot of reports saying that basically because the orbisoud is a race exhaust its very light weight and quite delicate especially for road use, i personally would be quite dubious about spending the amount they go for, for something that probably wouldent last that long

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Quality seems fine to me, seems better then my old Janspeed system too and lighter. This was the condition it was in when I went to collect it from the previous owner. I had been on his T for about a year and a half.

[attachment=0:2sygi5rr]photo.JPG[/attachment:2sygi5rr]

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    442.6 KB · Views: 87
Reaction score
Trophy No.
BoroGTI said:
Ive read quite a lot of reports saying that basically because the orbisoud is a race exhaust its very light weight and quite delicate especially for road use, i personally would be quite dubious about spending the amount they go for, for something that probably wouldent last that long

Mmmm, where have you read that? Yes it is lightweight but being heavy does not make something last longer the renault one does after all weigh as much as a small planet and most have fallen to bits. You could argue that something developed for race will be more able to cope with greater stresses than a road system but who cares it sounds f-ing fantastic.

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments guys. Gareth sent you a pm.

Notsure what to go for. How loud is the yozza exhaust and do you run the standard cat with it?

Reaction score
marcholloway said:
Thanks for your comments guys. Gareth sent you a pm.

Notsure what to go for. How loud is the yozza exhaust and do you run the standard cat with it?

it's loud... someone bought some coily's from me and i heard him enter my road - i live 20 houses into the road and it was definitely loud!

i've got a prospeed, highly recommended. means a daytrip to Cardiff to get it fitted but it's worth it!

More than welcome to take a look at it and see what you think, dropped you a PM back as well

Reaction score
Given your location I would consider a BTB exhaust over any other new system, beautifully made sound fantastic & they can modify the standard cat at same tine to give it a 2" exit rather than the 1.5" restriction Renault fitted to improve heat up time as cats don't work cold.

They do systems for many things including BTTC cars.

Reaction score
I don't mind it loud just come from having race miltek on my corsa vxr and a Remus on my astra. My neighbours love me. If I can pick up a second hand orb that would be brilliant.

Reaction score
Warranty for life normally only apply to original purchaser & are non-transferable therefore purchasing one 2nd leaves you with nonfall back should it break a mount, blow the baffles out etc

Reaction score
j333evo said:
Given your location I would consider a BTB exhaust over any other new system, beautifully made sound fantastic & they can modify the standard cat at same tine to give it a 2" exit rather than the 1.5" restriction Renault fitted to improve heat up time as cats don't work cold.

They do systems for many things including BTTC cars.

Prospeed also offer this as well :)

Reaction score
marcholloway said:
where can you get new ones from is it just direct now? How much?

a chap on cliov6 forums went direct to them in France and collected one for his Vee from their factory... not sure if they're still readily available or being made to order though.

Stolen from his thread on there :

Email either Fabien Simonini or Vivienne at:

orbisoud@orange.fr

vsimonini@orbisoud.fr