Are you willing to help?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes but in a different way, please post.

• Total voters
Reaction score
Even though your picking it up I wouldn't go in with a smile on your face and I'd demand some form of compensation.

5 weeks would have been a complete joke, but 5 MONTHS!!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeh, get the car keys and demand compensation - don't agree to just getting the car back, you want a free service and £100 cash for all the phone calls and a full tank of v-power. See what you can bleed them for - you've been wronged.

Reaction score
I'd definitely demand compensation. Also if its been sitting for 5 months outside the brakes might be in a wee bit of a state :?

Hope everything goes ok - keep us posted!

Reaction score
Well done Trophychick, now get onto the moneyclaim website and sue their arses! They'll settle out of court for less than a grand.

Reaction score
Its pretty good to know that there is this kind of support for fellow owners, thinking ahead its reassuring to know that if we start seeing problems with our cars as time passes and the mileages rise, collectively we might be able to get something done about it.

Reaction score
Hi Guys
got the car back, it is soo great to drive her again - awesome.
However, they lost my spare key and denied all knowledge of it so now I am waiting for some wee eejit to come and steal it, Great!
Also they didn't put my car back together properly, the plastic under the front (no idea what this is called) was not put back properly and popped out of place while driving and scrubbed along the road. So I have to visit the boomin place again. Is there no end to incompetence???

Also the brakes were totally wrecked when they took it for a test drive after repair because it had been sitiing so long but they repalced all pads and dics for me - the least they could do.

Will feel much happier when I have had the final repair done and got my replacement spare key and I never have to visit the place ever again.

Reaction score
Very pleased to hear that Trophychick, ask Renault to have a spare key made and give you a cheque for the new front SPLITTER. Then buy a carbon fibre one from K-Tec, which is much nicer and half the money. Then spend the change on ordering a tonne of Horse Manure for the offending Renault Dealership.

Reaction score
Glad to hear you finally got it back fixed and they had the brakes all renewed for you - losing a spare key and not fitting things properly is a joke though.

I'd demand a new part for the bit that got scrubbed along the road - i wouldnt just want it fixed back in place - i'd want it replaced. i'm assuming its the plastic undertray beneath the engine you are talking about?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can't think of why they'd need to touch the splitter so it must be the undertray, steelers often forget to put the screws back in - not the first time i've heard of this.

I'd definatly persue a claim, i'd have kicked the Service Manager in the shin as he handed the keys over and said "I'll be back" in a menacing Arnie way..... or better still returned their courtesy car to them by driving through the glass doors of the dealers... Makes me mad thinking about how Reno treats it's customers.