Reaction score
hi... just had 2 new exaltos fitted to the front of #356....... but the steering does not feel right.

when im up to speed 30mph+ the steering his fine..... nice and weighty.

But when im below 30mph+ and especially when im just moving the car i get no weight or feel...... it feels like im driving my sisters 1.2 clio.

When i had the previous tyres it never felt like that..... so the only things i can guess are that when they fitted the tyres that they over inflated them, or that there is still the new tyre grease/oils on them still.

do u guys think that there could be any other problems.

i have done 50miles on them at the mo and they were fitted bt F1 Autocentre in bristol
(which by the way were very good guys. kept my alloys in perfect condition and were very cheap..... £64 for each tyre...... full fitting for £164.... so a shout out to them)

Reaction score
probably over inflated, plus new tyres are slightly shiney, get them checked out

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£64 is very cheap/good price, check pressure and take it easy for a little while.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£64 for each tyre sounds v cheap, never seen them sub £70 before net alone sub £65. Either they've come down in price since i last bought some or you've got the W not V rated ones.

Reaction score
Just got my front tyres changed the difference is amazing!! set me back £170 all in!! was quite impressed with that!

Reaction score
im sticking with the exaltos, tried a few different ones and they are by far the best all rounders. Just got two new front ones, £170 fitted.

Reaction score
Cue said:
£64 for each tyre sounds v cheap, never seen them sub £70 before net alone sub £65. Either they've come down in price since i last bought some or you've got the W not V rated ones.

Cue they are the v rated ones. I was rilly surprised that they were that cheap. Was looking at mytyres before i chose those guys and mytyres were around the £80 mark.

Sounds quite right, the tyres were over inflated. got them done. Now back to F1 Autocentre to get my brakes sorted. Got them from Yozzasport at a reasonable £184.

thanks guys.

Reaction score
Those are cheap prices! Was going to get them from Costco but they quoted £99 a corner and a 4 week wait. Seems the online guys are going them for at best upper £80s fitted.

Reaction score
was running 30-32psi........ but when i got the tyres fitted they had inflated the new tyres to 40psi!!!

now it feels a whole lot better since i took them down.

Apart from that F1 Autocentres were great. i mean look at the prices for one thing.

Told me that they would fit my yozzsport brakes now for me as well, which is due next monday.

today tho, new amp, headunit, speakers being fitted. Whoo Hoo!!

Reaction score
how unfair...i had to get a new rear passenger tyre due to a puncture from a friggin screw, had to pay £115 in total for it!!!! and that was the cheapest i could find!! :cry:

Reaction score
g40steve said:
FierceKay said:
how unfair...i had to get a new rear passenger tyre due to a puncture from a friggin screw, had to pay £115 in total for it!!!! and that was the cheapest i could find!! :cry:

Thats why i always carry a spare :D

Thats reminds me, thanks for the spare Steve! :)