New Cat

Reaction score
Mine is rotting away nicely, and I'm considering changing over the winter. I have a BTB cat back fitted with the 2.5" pipe welded to the back of the original cat. I have had a search on here but can't find much on people's experiences with aftermarket cat's that ktec sell? I'm not put off having a decat, and keeping my original for mot time, certainly cheaper!

I am also considering changing my live cat as he just put his claws into my new Stormforce cover after sitting on the roof for a while. Apparently it's warmer for his bum.

Reaction score
is it is not broken dont fix it? unless its failed just leave it alone ;)

I agree; they'll all rusty on the outside! Doing the cat mod you've got the best of both worlds; reduced restriction and legal, environmentally friendlier and no overbearing drone on a commute / petrol smell! It would be a pain to change round each mot and as you've done the cat mod, you'd need a new centre pipe to attach to the decat.

Reaction score
Hmmm, have you heard of anybody's failing? I'm sure someone's had broken apart inside and become kapoot. Nah its the flange bit that connects to the downpipe I'll have a closer look but it looks pretty weak, and the steel pipe thats been welded to the rear of the car is losing it's layers, may have to see about painting this if the other end is okay.

Well thats why i wondered if anyone had used a ktec cat?
Centre pipe would be fine, one pipe slips over the other.