MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I can get these at Cost price from Renault which is £84 + VAT each.

Retail is around £140+vat (£168)

Thinking about ordering these up and just keeping them as my rears ones are still very good.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Do Renault have stock Marc?

I don't know, I don't work for Renault.

What i do know is it if you want a part and there is no stock anywhere in the UK call Renault UK and 9 out of 10 times they bend over backwards.

There is parts i have managed to get from them that no one else has.

Reaction score
Marc R many thanks for this I really appreciate you posting up cost prices.

If this is the support I get from fellow Trophy owners I'll just leave you guys to source your own parts and try getting them red tagged from Dieppe.

I spent time and effort to make fuck all money on these but hey ho have a lovely evening.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There is parts i have managed to get from them that no one else has.

Some stickers.

I can get these at Cost price from Renault which is £84 + VAT each.

Retail is around £140+vat (£168)

All very well you posting the cost price and the fact that that is what you would pay but most members on here do not have that option, your comment is just not helpful it's just boasting. Matt is offering these at a price that is better than most and you will get a personal service.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Matt you posted as I was writing, seems we were thinking the same.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Marc R many thanks for this I really appreciate you posting up cost prices.

If this is the support I get from fellow Trophy owners I'll just leave you guys to source your own parts and try getting them red tagged from Dieppe.

I spent time and effort to make fuck all money on these but hey ho have a lovely evening.

I posted of what price i get them at (Thats me personally NO ONE ELSE)
I then proceeded to put the RRP as to which any dealer or any member of the public will find out by calling or walking into any renault garage.

Then like most people if a dealer can not help them they contact RUK which is what they are there for like i have done many times for parts along with other users who have had parts issues ( i think one was with speed line wheels)

I don't see what the big deal is, if someone wants these they buy them from a dealer at the RRP or they contact you to get them slightly cheaper as to what you have said.

The information you have posted is not classified or part of the secret renault group.

Reaction score
I actually lost money helping Hoolio out with all the phone calls I made and delivering them to him but as I'd promised him I felt that it was the right thing to do.

This has just topped off a really shitty day so thank you so much for this......

FYI the prices I was selling them for I made 10% and offered free local delivery feel free to match that!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I actually lost money helping Hoolio out with all the phone calls I made and delivering them to him but as I'd promised him I felt that it was the right thing to do.

This has just topped off a really shitty day so thank you so much for this......

FYI the prices I was selling them for I made 10% and offered free local delivery feel free to match that!

If you read the post above to what i have said i can't match that and i have NEVER claimed to match that.
I (once again that ME) can get a shock for the price stated above, if i was to buy more than 2 i would be charged full RRP for them.

If you make a promise to someone regarding something no matter if its personal or business then thats up to you, If you make money or lose money then once again thats up to you.
You want to sell these for £400 a shock or £39.99 a shock then bash on.

As said above "ANYONE" can walk into a dealer or phone RUK to sort out parts problems along with any other problems they have.

Reaction score
If you read the post above to what i have said i can't match that and i have NEVER claimed to match that.
I (once again that ME) can get a shock for the price stated above, if i was to buy more than 2 i would be charged full RRP for them.

If you make a promise to someone regarding something no matter if its personal or business then thats up to you, If you make money or lose money then once again thats up to you.
You want to sell these for £400 a shock or £39.99 a shock then bash on.

As said above "ANYONE" can walk into a dealer or phone RUK to sort out parts problems along with any other problems they have.

You are correct but wrong.

As a Renault Trade customer I can get my orders red tagged from Dieppe and shipped over faster than SOME KID who has a mate who works for a Renault dealer.

TRY TO get one faster than me 50 quid says you can't ;) x

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
You are correct but wrong.

As a Renault Trade customer I can get my orders red tagged from Dieppe and shipped over faster than SOME KID who has a mate who works for a Renault dealer.

TRY TO get one faster than me 50 quid says you can't ;) x

Im not going to get into a petty fight about who can get a shock quicker then you or who can't.
Its sad to say the least never mind silly threats via PM's about it being the last thing i will ever do.

Anyone who knows the car trade, dealers or how customer support works will know fine well a phone call to a dealer or to RUK will solve the issue.

I have NEVER once tried to claim that i am getting batches of rear shocks to sell at a profit or at al loss, i have then again never once claimed to get these over night via TNT, Royal mail or anyone else to sell them on.

Like ever other customer i will have to wait and if it takes 2 weeks then so be it but then i will just call RUK to resolve the problem as thats what there customer support service is for. Once again the price stated was the price that i am getting them and its not like I'm going to buy these to sell them on as i will not be getting them again at that price.

If you want to carry on getting these super quick bash on, it makes no difference to me and if you want to make a profit or a loss on them once again bash on.

Clearly for just being "SOME KID" that you have stated you sure do bite and spit the dummy over information that any member of the public can access or get. If i was just that Kid then i would not have a clue what I'm talking about when clearly i do.

Case closed

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im not going to get into a petty fight about who can get a shock quicker then you or who can't.
Its sad to say the least never mind silly threats via PM's about it being the last thing i will ever do.

Anyone who knows the car trade, dealers or how customer support works will know fine well a phone call to a dealer or to RUK will solve the issue.

I have NEVER once tried to claim that i am getting batches of rear shocks to sell at a profit or at al loss, i have then again never once claimed to get these over night via TNT, Royal mail or anyone else to sell them on.

Like ever other customer i will have to wait and if it takes 2 weeks then so be it but then i will just call RUK to resolve the problem as thats what there customer support service is for. Once again the price stated was the price that i am getting them and its not like I'm going to buy these to sell them on as i will not be getting them again at that price.

If you want to carry on getting these super quick bash on, it makes no difference to me and if you want to make a profit or a loss on them once again bash on.

Clearly for just being "SOME KID" that you have stated you sure do bite and spit the dummy over information that any member of the public can access or get. If i was just that Kid then i would not have a clue what I'm talking about when clearly i do.

Case closed

You really are a self righteous twat.

Matt really bit disappointed, thought you were going to leave this on alone.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Did I come on the wrong forum, this is all very cliosport.net :)

It will have Cliosport.net status given time ;)

You really are a self righteous twat.

Matt really bit disappointed, thought you were going to leave this on alone.

Once again you can say what you like and think what you like, i also have my thoughts on people and forum users but i don't go making threats and assumptions.

Come on ladies its just shocks for a Clio! No need to get your knickers all in a twist over it!

As said above its a shock FFS and i totally agree with what Badgerman85 has said.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All I can do is apologise I found out last night a close friend has cancer. Being an idiot on a car forum us not the way to deal with it so Marc and Hoolio all I can do is rather than Pm you I am posting this. Having a temper tantrum on a forum is sad and I deeply regret how I handled myself.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
All I can do is apologise I found out last night a close friend has cancer. Being an idiot on a car forum us not the way to deal with it so Marc and Hoolio all I can do is rather than Pm you I am posting this. Having a temper tantrum on a forum is sad and I deeply regret how I handled myself.

Matt You have a PM

Reaction score
Indeed, the forum is a shadow of what it once was and after eight years it's probably time to duck out.

Here here it does seem to have lost its appeal lately, What with the most common reply to a thread being 'mate try over on cliosport'
which by the way is full of haters imo.