Reaction score
Hi

I need a new battery and wonder if it's worth paying a little more than what Renault sell? A Bosch Silver HSB063 (£90) gets very good reviews on Halfords website the main - the main comment is it's very powerful. It also comes with a 5 yr warranty. One from Renault is £65. They are all 420A, 47Ah, 063.

+ are they easy to fit?

Cheers
Mark

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I might well be tempted to go for the more expensive Bosch but if you think about it the original Reno one has lasted seven years and a more expensive one would be unlikely to offer more in terms of longevity so..................
They are a pita to fit, you would think it would be quick and simple but iirc you need to remove the clamp totally rather than just loosening it, not difficult just takes longer than you think it should.

Reaction score
I recently bought an Exide 063TE battery from battery2u.co.uk. It's a lead-calcium battery with 4 yr warranty. I read something that the silver batteries are more difficult to maintain the charge and require a higher charge rate and also more susceptible to damage if allowed to drain.

SoS

Reaction score
I struggled to get a direct match for the battery, the bigger Ah batteries were bigger in size so were a struggle to fit. I decided for the same price as Eurocarparts etc I went with the Motrial battery from Renault which had the 3yr warranty. Wests fitted it for free, I think it was around £65 fitted.

Reaction score
is the actual same original battery still available from renault? if yes, how much does it cost?
and what is involved in replacing it? have had a look under the bonnet, and does look like a bit of a pain in the ass!!! not sure if its harder than it looks ha ha :D

Reaction score
Hi - Renault sell 2 batteries: one is labelled Renault and officially retails at around £75 the other is not labelled Renault but they are the same battery and the latter retails at around £50 and comes with a 2 yr warranty rather than 1 yr for the former. You should be able to get some discount if you ask. Hope this helps.