Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these on there Trophy?

Are they any good? I know the orbsund is the bees knees of exhausts but is it worth it?

Anything come close to the obsund sound for cheaper?

Apart from the itg filter panel is there anything else to modify or is it good in pure form(don't pick trophy up till sat).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi there, not sure about that one but if you read some of the recent threads it seems that an exhaust mod is pound for pound the least effective mod you can make ,so personally i will be doing the chip, brakes and air induction and then an exhaust when it falls to bits.

Reaction score
not too clued up on the miltek, i was looking at one but eventually went for the yozzasport which I will be fitting this weekend. The miltek is a reasonable price, but I decided I didn't like it because the tailpipes were too big. Makes a good sound and sure it has good gains tho.

as has been said tho, go for a remap/group n ecu and brakes if you are thinking about track work.

get the car first and then take it from there.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
there's a guy on CS wanting to swap a Miltek for a standard 182 enhaust - I guess this may be why you're asking... having seen the pics of one... I think they look a bit 'halfrauds'/max power. Just my opinion though.

Reaction score
a search on cliosport should get you some good opinions on the milltek.... they recently did a group buy over there.

i've only heard good things about them.... another to consider is the BTB offering from Shed Motorsport - that is very well rated on CS - do a search for posts on exhausts by Dan Page iirc as he has had at least 4 different aftermarket exhausts

Reaction score
Brakes!!! First real mod to have on the list IMHO.

Exhaust + filter give negligible (if anything at all) gains in the real world... but brakes are something else! Two hot laps on the stock brakes and you'll wish you upgraded them. Two hot laps with a stock exhaust and you'll not really be missing that much.

After you've the brakes then go for the exhaust/induction. I don't have an aftermarket ECU so can't comment on that.

O.

Reaction score
^Yep. Wouldn't even bother with the re-map for the track, Nik said once that the raised rev-limit of our one meant holding fourth down one of the straights was possible, saving time there.

The biggest gain of an aftermarket exhaust would be if it weighs substantially less. :lol:
As Donkey said on Sat. if you reduce the weight you improve your acceleration, braking and cornering, if you increase the power you improve your acceleration.

For the track;

Tuition - Tyres - Brakes - Suspension - Weight reduction - Engine.

To beat the CTR at the lights;

Engine - Weight reduction.

Reaction score
Agree with that.... start with tuition and then look at better brakes.... no use giving yourself crazy power gains if you can't stop or don't know how to handle your car in the first place :wink:

Reaction score
Steve - good point re. weight saving with exhaust. This was the main reason for mine (to balance the extra weight of my amps in the boot!) and the sound second of all.

I am contemplating stripping my car back to stock to sell... but the brakes will be the very, very last thing on the agenda... they really are that good.

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
I am contemplating stripping my car back to stock to sell... but the brakes will be the very, very last thing on the agenda... they really are that good.

O.

Would it really be worth the hassle of stripping everything off it? Do you think standard car plus seperate re-sale of extras would be the best idea or would it be worth lowering the price including all the extras? Hmm maybe time for you to do some numbers there before whipping everything off it...

In saying that, if you are thinking of taking the exhust off can i have first shout on it please ;)

Reaction score
Luke - I see your point but I know I have buyers for every single modification on my car... and the buyers that appreciate everything I have done to my car are far and few between (most buyers who want Trophys now are on a budget and could not afford the car brand new. The last thing they want is what they view as an expensive car even though the sum of the parts is greater than their individual components). Oh well... am in no rush as I've yet to find my beloved Porker (I am being quite picky!).

O.
P.S. yes you get first refusal on the exhaust if I sell! :p

Reaction score
Yeah been looking at miltek on their website - looks a bit strap on-ish!

Think I may well keep bog standard and get track experience first.

Q. if you get manifold match do you have to get a remap?

Reaction score
As I understand it the Miltek due to its twin back box design is only approx 2.5kg lighter than the std system. Single rear box designs like the Janspeed and Orbisoud are up to 8.5kg lighter.

Reaction score
Standard exhaust is bloody heavy (anyone know the figure?) An Orb or similar is an excellent way to reduce kerb weight, and it sounds great too. :D