Reaction score
Now the rubbish weather is back with full force, I seem to be getting a ridiculous amount of condensation. Literally at the stage of thinking about installing some wipers on the inside of the screen! Has anyone else experienced this, or do I need to get it in to the stealers for them to scratch there heads for a while before probably scratching the car too!

I've checked all windows are fully up etc and can't see anything visible that would explain it. All seals etc seem to be hunky dory.

I'm baffled. :?:

(Or is it just French?!) I don't remember it happening last year?

Reaction score
my back side windows seem to steam up a lot (nothing to do with anything i've been doing :wink: )

a quick blast of the a/c tends to help in clearing all the windows though

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've recently coated the insides of all the windows with the rain-x anti misting solution (well actually I'm cheap so bought Halfords own make version)

Doesn't completely stop it steaming up but makes it very much better. I get more of a problem with condensation on the outside of the window now!

Might be worth checking the car for damp spots in the carpet or boot too, just in case some water is getting in somewhere.

Reaction score
The AC will become your friend this winter. A popular misconception is that the AC only functions when the temperature control is set to 'cold'.

In fact, you can turn on the AC and have the heating on, and the AC will still function (i.e. the AC compressor will be on even if you have the heat set to maximum).

An AC will effectively reduce all window condensation thanks to the way in which, in part, it acts as a dehumidifier. This means that a fan pushes the moist air over a refrigerated metal coil. Since decreasing temperature (the metal coil) causes the saturation pressure of water to decrease, it causes the water in the air to condense. This water is then is deposited onto the road as you drive (in most cases).

Thus when it is cold outside set your temperature control to maximum heat, but at the same time make sure your AC button is depressed.

You will magically clear all of your windows and stay warm in the car, even if it is 6 degrees outside :)

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
I'm probably just whining!

It definitely doesn't have any damp patches anywhere, I even took the damp footy kit out of the boot last week, so can't be that.

Think I might have to invest in some of the anti mist stuff Nick, it might just make the difference.

Thanks for the aircon advice Ollie, I'm never quite sure on whether I should have it on/off hot/cold to clear the screen.

Cheers all!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sounds more like an issue with how you've set the air controls.... i get misting when setting off but it's cleared within metres.

1. yes air con will clear it seconds
2. warm air clears it quicker - difficult when the engine is cold
3. re-circulated air initially causes more condensation
4. the half foot/half screen function is useless - go for just the screen or one of the others.
5. when your wet and/or hot and the car is cold - condensation is inevitable.

Reaction score
I think there must have been a massive temp change that night, as it seems to be completely fine again now. Very strange.

Thanks for all the inputs guys!