Reaction score
c0eca294332b11e3aa2222000a1f974c_8.jpg

Reaction score
They are indeed BC's. Decided on them for various reasons but the main ones being that they offer damping adjustment for sub £800 and I ran them on my EK9 and absolutlely loved them.
I haven't posted any full pictures yet as the car looks like it's doing a poo at current as the rear ride height needs adjusting but once that's all sorted and the geometry set I'll post a full write up and my opinions on them!

Reaction score
Yes that's an option but one of my Sachs had decided to go soft on me and I just don't see the refurb as an economical option for myself.

Reaction score
so you replaced £1600 worth of suspension that need a £400 refurb, with £800 coilovers

Give the guy a break, it's his car and he can do what he likes. Sure, it won't make sense to some people but don't come down on him for choosing to tread a different path.

If the Sachs were fully refurbed & unpinned, do you think someone would pay £1,600? What do people think they're really 'worth' in that condition?

Reaction score
A good set freshly done ITRO £600 for the pair ? Used sets only fetch £250 ish.

We all know how expensive they are new but who buys new when you can have them refurbed ?

Reaction score
The last set I saw go that hadn't been refurbed, I offered 300 for plus postage and that wasn't enough to secure them. Plenty of people willing to pay extra for them, as the price new is mental!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Not that im going to judge you for changing your sachs but its £1600 for one shock

FrontSachsShock-1-1.gif

Reaction score
Give the guy a break, it's his car and he can do what he likes. Sure, it won't make sense to some people but don't come down on him for choosing to tread a different path.

If the Sachs were fully refurbed & unpinned, do you think someone would pay £1,600? What do people think they're really 'worth' in that condition?

i was getting at him, because he put it down to cost to be fair. after saying he spent on £800 on coilovers + fitting?, or £400 on a refurb, which you could get done twice for that ;) and saying a refurb might not last a week :p

when i said £1600 i ment if you had to buy a brand new set, im guessing you would expect to get £800 + for a set thats just been refurbed ?

Reaction score
I'm with Philly on this one. I wouldn't spend 3600 on two new dampers as that's just Renault pricing and actually about the value of my car! I can see why spending hundreds of pounds to patch up a set of eight year old dampers is pretty high risk. It's not just the outlay but extra time off the road and no guarantee that it will last. Let us know how it goes.

Reaction score
I'm with Philly on this one. I wouldn't spend 3600 on two new dampers as that's just Renault pricing and actually about the value of my car! I can see why spending hundreds of pounds to patch up a set of eight year old dampers is pretty high risk. It's not just the outlay but extra time off the road and no guarantee that it will last. Let us know how it goes.

Finally someone on the same page as me. I'll certainly let you know how I get on with them, going to cornerweight the car this evening and get the allignment sorted Saturday.
As for paying for fitting them, if you can't undo 10 bolts you don't really deserve to own one of these.