Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry to say my period of Trophy ownership has come to an end, as someone at the more senior end of the age spectrum I decided to get something more fitting to my pipe and slippers image - Saab 9-3 Aero, full power turbo, full leather interior, full service history etc. etc.

Trophy 050 is currently residing at Abington Motors near Cambridge, if anyone is on the look out.

If so give Lawrence a call on 01223 835835, he is a really nice bloke.

050 is on 59K miles, belts were all done by Ipswich Renault recently and I was told the dampers were done before I bought it, around 10k miles ago, they feel spot on to me, although I've not driven any other ones to do a back to back test. It's got a spare Speedline and PE2 and a decent Alpine unit and speakers, other than that it's totally standard.

It's currently MOT'ed until March 2012, but I'm sure they would put a new ticket on it when they sell it. It's a nice clean example and I'm sure it would be a great buy for someone.

This site has been really interesting and I'll pop in from time to time, I certainly wouldn't rule out becoming a two time owner in the future.

All the best fellow Trophy enthusiasts

Luke

Reaction score
Noticed this for sale. Trying to talk my misses round to letting me up our budget. She's aggreed to a 'cheap' 182, but I think i'm going to have to take her to see a few more ropey ones before she understands a Trophy is a better buy.
Do you know if he has much movement in the price? I know it's already cheap, but 'Kam2Turbo' certainly is a bit of a put off.

Were there any niggles with the it when you parted with it?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
He was a previous owner of #50 if you check out the register.

Reaction score
He's well known on several forums for all types of cars. Not the most caring of owners his reputation seems to suggest.

Reaction score
He's well known on several forums for all types of cars. Not the most caring of owners his reputation seems to suggest.

^^^ lol, I was interested in buying this car off luke and I checked the register and seem the kam2turbo guy did put me off I must admit. I bought number 392 in the end, definitely worth getting a trophy.

Reaction score
I used to own 309, financial situation changed and it went a long while ago. Glad to be back in one though.

Reaction score
Hi, glad you bought 050, I've always found it to be a nice straight Trophy, and I think the price was pretty good for the overall condition and mileage. I probably won't be on here much now, so I'll PM you with my email address, I have a few bits and pieces in the garage, and you may have some questions for me!

regards

Luke

Reaction score
Thankyou, I did have a question about the sub not working but since noticed it was unplugged. Over the moon with the car.
Do you know what brand of exhaust it has?

I just got an email about the inbox so I've just freed up some space.

Reaction score
Thankyou, I did have a question about the sub not working but since noticed it was unplugged. Over the moon with the car.
Do you know what brand of exhaust it has?

I just got an email about the inbox so I've just freed up some space.

Hi, it's a Milltek system, I bought it from someone off the forum, I got one of my mates to seal weld a very small crack in the front box which was present (but not spotted) when I bought it, and it's been fine for the last couple of years. I think the cracking around the weld was quite common on ones of this era.

Glad you are enjoying the car! Let me know if you have any other queries.

Luke