Reaction score
hello people,
can any one give me some advice on lowering my trophy, i want to take it down to 30mm but the only lowering springs i can buy for it are 20mm, i no i could go for coilovers but then it wouldnt realy be a trophy if you no what i meen [-X
the car has already got eibach springs on the front im not sure if they are standard but the back end just sits to high for my liking. cheers Robson

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not sure if i would do this myself but the only person i would trust to do that is Mark Fish. It might be more than you really want to pay but he knows his stuff and his set up is unlikely to impact on the supurb handling characteristics of the car which are ultimately down to the springs and damping is has in place.

Reaction score
The problem with lowering it is that you increase the droop travel, which will most probably reduce the rear roll stiffness - counter produtitve without changing to shorter stroke dampers!!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The problem with lowering it is that you increase the droop travel, which will most probably reduce the rear roll stiffness - counter produtitve without changing to shorter stroke dampers!!

Ye thats what I thought ! :D NOT !

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
And at that time you may as well do away with damping as it'll be very skateboard like. God forbid you ever hit a pot hole!

It sounds too much like an aesthetics thing this... too much form over function for my liking.

Reaction score
Robson
you should have bought a 182 if you wanted to go down that route..what you suggesting is genraly "frowned upon" in Trophy circles...
i would imagine a lowered trophy would also be next to impossible to sell on.
you need to look deeper.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
There used to be a nice trophy with silver trims etc, try that next :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Seriously though, yes, compared to a lowered 182, the Trophy does look a little high BUT, does it make any positive difference to the sublime handling..? - I highly doubt it, therefore, as the saying goes.. If it "ain't" broke.. :wink: