Reaction score
Nik, using the info in the owners section is there anyway in which you could produce a list of where everyone is located, so that we can get in touch with nearby owners?

Regards

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Function added :D

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/google_map.php

Member Map link is at the top of the page also.

Was planning this ages ago but didn't know if people would use it. Here it is anyway. You can add your location to the map by editing your user profile and entering Latitude and Longitude coordinates, either manually if you know them :roll:, or by clicking 'Search My Coordinate'

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Not so sure on this one!

Was gonna put my name down. . . . . Then i had this thought!

Criminals are getting more and more organised! Why the F**K would i want to help them out by leading them to the exact street my Trophy is parked in every night!

Call me Paranoid if you want. :?

Think i might be keeping my location as Vague as Cambridgshire!

Would hate to see Trophy's start vanashing in pattern of members logged on here!

Sorry.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thats the exact reason I haven't put the map on up to now. I was going to add it to the site when we first started looking at arranging a meet, but I suspected people would share your concern.

It doesn't have to be the exact street, my marker is in the central reservation of the M3 for example. :D

Just a rough geographical location will do to help people find other owners locally and to help organise meets.

Day

Reaction score
hyb said:
Added myself on top of the local renault dealer :D
Is that because you are expecting to spend more time there than ususal? :lol:

hyb

Reaction score
Hehe :)
Well...if a theif did use this site to find cars, im sure he'd find some there and not bother with mine :D

Reaction score
Thanks for adding the function, but sorry to be thick, how do I place my mark? Thanks

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No probs George, here's what you need to do:

1. Go to your user profile (Profile option at the top of the screen)

2. In there you will see three new fields Longitude, Latitude and Text Google Map. Underneath Longitude is an option to 'Search my coordinate'. Unless you happen to know your coordinates, you need to click this.

3. Use the controls on the map to zoom in on your location. Make sure your location is in the centre of the map by clicking on it with the mouse.

4. Click the 'Set center of map as my location' button. This will then close the map and enter your coordinates into the fields in your profile.

5. Fill in the Text Google Map field to contain the text you want to appear when your pin on the map is clicked.

6. Save your profile by clicking the Submit button at the bottom. You will now bew marked on the map.

:D

Reaction score
That's me added, just put it at a roundabout nearby so as not to help the scallies. I'm guessing if bandits come looking for my car, they'll find some other motors first they'll prolly be more interested in!

Come on people, where do you all live?

Reaction score
Anyone else unable to view the member map is you use the clicky at the top of this page? Just added myself at the local Reno dealers down the road from me, but I am unable to check if it is correct! :lol:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeah, its stopped working :(

I'll look into it over the weekend, i'm going to try to fix the problems with the garage section too.

Reaction score
People are being very shy adding to the map. If you're worried about pinpointing your pride and joy, why not just use a nearby junction or landmark?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, I would like to encourage you all to add your rough location to the map. It will help plan meets and help others see which members are local to them. It doesn't have to give away your cars exact gps coordinates :p as Portland says, just a nearby town / junction / landmark will do.