Reaction score
Hello all, I have just bought a Trophy. The previous owner didn't look after it too well and I am left giving it a bit of TLC. One problem is that the cat has a crack in it and its not covered under warranty. Renault service centre want £800 to replace it - I can't afford this and I'm taking the car on the track next month. Has anyone replaced their cat with a link pipe? If so, where did the pipe come from and have you had any problems? The service centre has said that it will fit the pipe, but that will cause lights to come up on the dash etc. - is this true?

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Don't forget to register your car to get the coveted third star. If you're really amazing and you work hard all your life you might get as many stars as me or Day (who I stole mine off) :wink:

Reaction score
Its not under warranty because it was hit by the previous owner.

Thanks for the info Steve... I don't need to worry about legality because we don't have MOTs in Jersey.. however, the light will undoubtedly p*ss me off.. is it quite a bit noisier? and if so, is it a nice noise!?

Reaction score
If you are running the decat with a standard systems it will be slighty louder than normal.
If at a later date you upgrade to a S/steel system thats when the noise will become louder.

One major thing you will notice after fitting the decat, is the responsivness of the car in the low rev range. Not that you will get the chance to try it out, what with the 30mph speed limit you guys have :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
As you don't have MOT's in Jersey, you should definitely go for a decat. Some say that the light will still come on with a sports cat due to the increased flow rate tripping the sensor.

Think GDI do a decent decat, a couple of owners on this forum have fitted them, worth doing a search of this forum.

Reaction score
I've done a search and the topic does come up a few times... but I can't work out which company to go for: GDI, Yozza, K-Tec or other?

Reaction score
bakedbeats said:
Its not under warranty because it was hit by the previous owner.

Thanks for the info Steve... I don't need to worry about legality because we don't have MOTs in Jersey.. however, the light will undoubtedly p*ss me off.. is it quite a bit noisier? and if so, is it a nice noise!?

Hi and welcome!

Is driving a car without a catalytic converter legal in Jersey?

O.

Reaction score
I dont erally know what the legal situation is. I have heard that becuase we are always moving so slowly over here and driving short distances, the cat never does its job properly and in fact is worse for emissions as a result.

Reaction score
bakedbeats said:
I dont erally know what the legal situation is. I have heard that becuase we are always moving so slowly over here and driving short distances, the cat never does its job properly and in fact is worse for emissions as a result.

I honestly suggest you find out. If you have an accident (your fault or not) and you have a de-cat pipe (the insurance companies pay people to check these things) then they may not pay out (imagine what the bill would be if you hit a shiny new S class?) on the basis that the car is not road worthy. It would also end up being an undeclared mod (as they won't insure an un-roadworthy car for daily use).

I'm not saying or suggesting that you shouldn't buy a de-cat pipe but I am suggesting that you should know if it is illegal or not so that you are aware of the risk involved and can weigh up the tradeoff between performance and the dangers of being technically uninsured (in this case you gain an extra 2bhp, if you're lucky).

Ignorance of the law is no excuse!!! (first lesson at law school...)

O.

Reaction score
pipe has just arrived at the office... it looks awesome! (not sure my boss is as impressed though)