SoS

Reaction score
I am thinking more towards mid-range coilovers as well, keeping the Sachs if you ever want to go back to standard, it would be interesting to see if the alternative company being looked at in the Sachs thread is an option, if it was then I would get mine refurbished.

Reaction score
lol..thats whats on it from standard mate really. just a revised replacement ;)

Yes thankyou i am aware of this, and they were great when in good working order, i just cant afford to spend stupid money on dampers now that the originals have failed

Reaction score
Have many people fitted 182 Cup dampers? If so, how are they finding them? It's such a headache deciding what to do!

Reaction score
I've been away from here for some time, but i'm so pleased i'm not the only one going through such predicament and frustrations! I had mine refurbed 18months ago, done other stuff at the same time but car off road for 2months essentially coz of the dampers. 6months later the gas had gone in one damper. Sent them back to BG, good as gold, found a faulty part sent to them by Sachs, replaced it regassed and sent them back free of charge. Car off road for a month. 10months and 3.5k miles later and the gas has vanished in the same damper again GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

My question was going to be how much are the cup dampers after reading this - £47!!!! thanks marrow, think i'll be buying a set of those for the time being, perhaps send the Sachs to BG after awaiting their email reply, then leave them in the garage once their fixed till i'm feeling brave to refit them!!!

On another note, has anyone found a way of pumping air into the reservior? My standard Schreder valve footpump/electric pump has too deep a fitment for the little valve under the reservior. The only i've got the fits is a bicycle hand pump that's older than me, and it's really not working!!??

Reaction score
Hi David,
Really sorry to hear you’re having issues again. As you know we have had issues with a small amount (Roughly 5 out of 200) of the standard gas caps supplied from the factory developing hairline cracks. Since early April we reverted back to using a dual seal cap (I originally designed and used a little back in 2010 before we had this issue with the Sachs ones) that is also thicker to which we have had no problems with.

Please send the pair of shock back to me so I can inspect and report back to you. Rest assured if the gas caps are the issue for the failure we will obviously supply and fit the dual seal parts free of charge for you.

Kind regards,

Ben Fricker.

Can't say fairer than that, It's causing them a nuisance not just me and anyone else effected, as they're actually a decent company and sort problems out at their own cost.

Reaction score
Ben is a sound guy, He helped when my gas seal went after 6months/4k as well.

Only cost to me was sending them off via courier. No real hardship though.

Hopefully you can get them back and on the car once and for all.

Reaction score
ah yes i think you were the chap I spoke to the beginning of the year when you had the same problem. Lets hope you didn't get a dodgy replacement as well!

Reaction score
No idea if it works on Sach's dampers but on the race car at uni we've used an adapter for a mountain bike shock to re-gas them.

Reaction score
How do you find the cup shocks compared to the Sachs?
I've never been in a cup so wouldn't know how much difference there was.

I bought my car with the Sachs in the boot and 182 cup dampers fitted by Renault. I have to say the car drove really well. It was a new car to me and the Sachs are a better ride but I was considering leaving them on for winter.

I now have the Sachs on there after being fully serviced and it feels better damped but I'm not as blown away by the difference as I was expecting.

I'm considering selling the dampers as they only did about 300 miles before they came off the car.

Reaction score
I bought my car with the Sachs in the boot and 182 cup dampers fitted by Renault. I have to say the car drove really well. It was a new car to me and the Sachs are a better ride but I was considering leaving them on for winter.

I now have the Sachs on there after being fully serviced and it feels better damped but I'm not as blown away by the difference as I was expecting.

I'm considering selling the dampers as they only did about 300 miles before they came off the car.

Selling the Sachs?

SoS

Reaction score
I may be interested in the cup dampers to put on mine while I get my Sachs refurbished. Let me know if you plan to sell.