SoS

Reaction score
Except the front konis wont fit a Trophy.

Wrong bolt spacing.

Maybe a re-think is in order, maybe coilovers could be an option. It would be nice to refresh all 4 corners for the same price as a Sachs rebuild.

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the BG rebuilds don't seem to last as long as the originals?
I thought that was the point of the refurb to have them as new

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Give BG a call and ask, I did and they could not answer, What they did say is that if its a part that they have replaced / fitted thats failed they will repair it but there is NO warranty.

SoS

Reaction score
I guess if they will repair a damper that has failed early than expected after a refurb that is a good thing, the only issue I have with that is there will probably be an associated cost of taking the dampers off and refitting and getting them there not to mention the time that the car is off the road.

I may get some cup dampers and fit and see what it is like, it seems they are not too expensive new so worth a go, if it is not as good then back to square one!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Im not too fussed either way as i have 2 pairs of fronts so once one set had been done and then fitted on the car the other set will be done at a later date and kept

Reaction score
SoS - have you read my review on the H&Rs? They offer nigh on exactly the same drive at speed, but with a better ride quality than the Sachs.

SoS

Reaction score
SoS - have you read my review on the H&Rs? They offer nigh on exactly the same drive at speed, but with a better ride quality than the Sachs.

Just read your post, they look a good option, it looks like they are around £900ish for the kit? I think the Spax kit is around £700 although some say don't touch Spax, others say they are good.

Reaction score
What other suspension options are their apart from H&R if you dont want to have the Sachs refurbished?

Reaction score
There are coilovers kits in the form of Spax RSX £799 and V-Maxx £420 and of course standard 182 cup dampers. I think if I don't hear any more from Renault about these new Sachs, I'm getting a refund and may consider the H&R kit or 182 Cup dampers.

Anyone know who sells the H&R kit?

Reaction score
Felix - have you gone ahead and replaced the Sach with Cup dampers?

Reaction score
Since my posts about this car has passed MOT test with no advisories! So not yet. But due to cost of new dampers & life span/no guarantee of re-furb, it will happen.

Reaction score
The bolt spacing is frustrating. I'm happy with my revalved rear Koni's and Mark Fish springs. I only want some decent new front dampers with a bit of adjustment. I'm currently running cup dampers but they don't really match the stiffer springs very well. I thought the Spax sounded like a good match but they are coilover. come on Koni!

Reaction score
I think the death of the PE2 will go down as more of an issue. Never felt as good since. :(

As depressing as it is I think it's true. I've had my Trophy for nearly 3 years now and it doesn't feel any where near as good as when I first got it. I guess it's a combination of tyres (I've just put a set of Hankook V12 evos on which I'm seriously disappointed with) and my dampers slowly but surely deteriating. Not sure what to do about the dampers I'm really torn.

Reaction score
Im also torn at what to do, I like the sound of the R1 dampers, however i dont rally or track my car so seems a bit daft paying for competition quality dampers merely for road use. At the moment im drawn towards a mid range coilover setup.