Let's lobby OTTOmobile to make a Clio Trophy 1:18 model

GPH

Reaction score
I see that a thread has resurrected the idea of getting a model of the Clio Trophy though the proposal was only for a 1:43 model .

I think our best chance for a 1:18 model is to lobby Ottomobile as they have already made a Clio 172 Ragnotti/Cup which is very similar even down to using the same wheels and bumpers with no headlight washers and the simple rear bench seat.
For them it will be easy to change the paint, seats and wheel colour and add the badges.

Therefore I have just sent an email to them requesting this , sent in French. see below also the English translation.

I think if as many as possible sends a brief one paragraph email confirming your interest to buy this model we may get one.

The email address is info@otto-models.com

I also sent various photos to show this has international appeal and was revealed by Alonso and Fisichella in Monaco

English translation below - clio trophy monaco.jpg
Bonjour,
Je vous écris pour vous demander de fabriquer un modèle de la Renault Sport Clio ph2 182 Trophy.

Il s'agissait d'un modèle fabriqué en 2005 par l'usine de Dieppe.

Il a été révélé par Alonso et Fisichella au Grand Prix de Monaco - voir photo ci-jointe.

500 en conduite à droite et 50 en conduite à gauche. C'est maintenant un modèle ICONIC et a remporté de nombreux prix, dont récemment Best Hot Hatch of the 21st Century par les lecteurs de Pistonheads.com

Il a également remporté le prix de la voiture de l'année du magazine EVO en 2005. voir photo ci-jointe

Comme ces voitures ont maintenant 15 ans, elles ont appartenu à des milliers de personnes et vous n'auriez aucun problème à en vendre 999.

Ce sera très simple pour vous car le Trophy était très similaire à la Clio 172 Ragnotti à l'extérieur. Seuls de petits changements comme la couleur plus foncée des roues, la peinture rouge, les badges et les sièges Recaro Trendline à l'intérieur de la même chose qu'une Integra Type R.

OTTO 516 pourrait être utilisé comme base.

Il y a eu de nombreuses demandes sur le forum du club des propriétaires pour ce modèle. www.cliotrophy.co.uk.

Vous pouvez recevoir d'autres e-mails confirmant qu'il existe une forte demande pour ce modèle.

Nous préférerions que l'intérieur ait le volant sur le côté droit, car la plupart étaient vendus comme celui-ci au Royaume-Uni mais le Trophy a également été vendu en Suisse en conduite à gauche, nous l'accepterions donc pour réduire les coûts.

Pourriez-vous accorder votre attention à cela et rendre beaucoup de vos clients très heureux!

Meilleures salutations
Graeme Holt
Ancien Directeur des Relations Presse, Renault UK

Hello
I am writing to ask you make a model of the Renault Sport Clio ph2 182 Trophy. This was a model made in 2005 by the Dieppe factory.

500 in right hand drive and 50 in left hand drive. It is now an ICONIC model and has won many awards including recently Best Hot Hatch of the 21st Century by readers of Pistonheads.com

As these cars are now 15 years old they have been owned by many thousands of people and you would have no problem selling 999 of these.

It will be very simple for you as the Trophy was very similar to the Clio 172 Ragnotti on the exterior. Only small changes like the darker colour of the wheels, red paintwork, badges and Recaro Trendline seats inside the same as an Integra Type R.

OTTO 516 could be used as the basis.

There have been many requests on the owners club forum for this model. www.cliotrophy.co.uk

You may receive other emails confirming there is a big demand for this model.

We would prefer the interior to have the steering wheel on the right hand side as most were sold like this in the UK but the Trophy was also sold in Switzerland in left hand drive so we would accept this to keep the costs down.

Please could you give this your attention and make a lot of your customers very happy!

Best regards

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well done, I emailed them a while back and heard nothing back. I actually don’t understand why have not produced one as they already produce a lot of fairly niche versions of various Renault models. I’ll copy and paste that though and email it over.

it would be nice to have a limited edition 1.12 version to go with the 5GTT but that’s probably a wish too far :) Also done.

Last edited:
Reactions: GPH
Reaction score
I opened the thread about the clio trophy model.

i sent email to OTTO since one and half month but no response for the moment
i sent email to UNIVERSAL HOBBIES since one month but no response for the moment.
i sent email to LESPTITESRENAULT.FR and they answered ok for 1/43 scale but unfortunately nobody was interested.
i am waiting for a response about a fourth, this one wanted some pictures and i send them since 2 days only.

i hope that we will rich the target together

Reaction score
i forget, email send to NOREV in same times than OTTO? but without response too.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I finally received this reply today, it’s pretty much a stock brush off!

Cher client,

Les nouveaux modèles sont annoncés par newsletter.

Merci pour votre suggestion ! Je transmets votre mail à notre service Développement qui étudiera votre proposition.

En raison d’un très grand nombre d’e-mails nous ne pouvons pas vous assurer une réponse, mais votre demande est bien prise en compte.

Vous remerciant de l'intérêt que vous portez à notre entreprise.

Reaction score
i received last week an e-mail from universal hobbies, they are not interested by this project.
from otto i had received the same email than you hoolio
from NIOREV no response
from JACK RACING , i am waiting to.......