knocking sound on full lock

Reaction score
I've noticed recently that on full lock when parking my T it seems to make a knocking sound. I think it might be a tipical C.V. joint stretching sound on full lock? I do need to get both the front struts serviced ASAP could it be anything to do with them? Any ideas what it could be?

Reaction score
I also had this last winter when my car was cold but I've had the CV joints checked out and they are fine.

I think its a common problem that shouldn't be too serious, never really got to the bottom of what it is...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine does this, had new tyres and tracking done so not sure, think it may be top mounts or bearing, get a constant noise when driving too which I am sure is related.

Reaction score
I believe you'll find that this is the known and well documented issue with top mounts.. Mine only does it when cold. Shouldn't be anything to worry about if it is that.. If you have a search you'll find plenty of threads on it, I suspect.

Reaction score
It also happened to mine from cold as I turned off of my drive. Incidentally it also happened in a 370z that I was in last night...exactly the same noise.

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I think your probably right, it only seems to happen when it's cold as it wasn't happening last month. I need to get my Sachs serviced anyway this Christmas, so i'll hopefully do it during my time off. :D