Reaction score
Afternoon. Just phoned up Renault to book my car in for a service and she asked me what type of service i wanted. As i don't know much about what service is what i just told her i want a full service. She then asked for mileage to which i told her just ticked to 37k. She then said that i will need my accessory belt doing....what is an accessory belt?

I told her that i have already had my timing belt and water pump done at 25k. That was me being OCD and wanting everything running sweet as it was then five years old.

All i am wondering is what the accessory belt is and do i need anything else doing on this service?

I presume im right in thinking it will be oil,plugs,air filter and fuel filter and thats it?

Elliott.

PS, £159.

is1

Reaction score
Firstly, I think they mean the auxiliary belt which is to be changed at 36,000 miles. It should be changed at the same time as the cambelt if done on the 5-year interval so if the cambelt has been done, you may want to check that it has not already been done.

Secondly, why on earth are you using Renault? Birchdown are fairly close to you if you are North West and I have NEVER heard a bad word about them. They're held in the same regard as Fred at BTM who I use.
With either of these, you get a MUCH more personal service. They will actually talk to you about the car rather than looking shifty and telling you health and safety says you cannot get near it while the apprentice works on your car because "it's only a Clio, give it to the apprentice".
Some of the stuff I have seen from main dealers defies belief - should see Fred's "wall of shame" at BTM.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll phone birchdown and see when he can book me in. I'll be honest I tried RS tuning but the closest they could fit me in was mid august.

How would they be able to check? I suppose asking Renault they will just say no and charge me to do it possibly again.

So the aux belt just keeps them running sweet?

Elliott