How many one owner cars are left?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think there was a similar thread to this a few years back, it would be interesting to compare.

I think Cue still has his, though I suspect it is now much like Triggers broom. Always enjoyed used as intended. I can’t think of too many others though I sure there must be a fair few out there.

Reaction score
I don't know what number Harry's Trophy is, but that would be another one.

Even though, technically it might have two now, since his son Charlie
has the car now I think?

Reaction score
Sadly I can no longer claim one owner, but had a good run with Ruby. For anyone doing comparisons, I was owner from new to Dec 2020 when there was a write off 😕 One person bought salvage, did a bit and sold on to a member here, who has really looked after her.

Reaction score
Ish 😉 It was a press car bought from Renault with a fair number of miles on it.
But I guess he gets a pass 🙂

You cant be too strict on Harry now 😉😂

I had forgotten that it was a press car.

But I think I remember him saying in his video with his Trophy,that he got it for a group test,over in France and loved it so much he rang up the Renault press office and asked to keep/buy the car.

That's if my memory isn't playing up on me,that is.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think there was a similar thread to this a few years back, it would be interesting to compare.

I think Cue still has his, though I suspect it is now much like Triggers broom. Always enjoyed used as intended. I can’t think of too many others though I sure there must be a fair few out there.
Yeah, mines still going strong.. and that’s an accurate analogy. Two engines, 4 gearboxes… the list goes on..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I thought the car was on the register, but perhaps I did not go through the right process a couple of years ago.

If it is of interest.....Brief history of 158 as follows.

Bought new, and driven by my father through his 80s and early 90s. Never been on track, no accident damage. Still on original clutch, second set of tyres as the originals began to perish. Engine, gearbox and driveshafts all original, never removed or disassembled.
All service and maintenance receipts since new.

I took over the car three years ago.
Dampers original at rear, fronts rebuilt by BG motorsport for the second time in the car's history. New Eibach springs.
Due to the age of the car I replaced the suspension wishbones and bushes all round with OEM last year, restored some paint issues. Interior is original and in good shape. Wheels original and unrestored.
Dealer maintained over the last few years. Timing belt/dephaser/waterpump by dealer last year.
Standard car in all respects except for the exhaust (I still have the original), and poly steering rack bushes, which made little difference.

Looking back over nearly 20 years the car has never missed a beat, perhaps in part because it has been used pretty gently. The only failure I can recall was the tailgate gas struts....and I replaced the headlamps when the originals faded, and they didn't stay clear when I tried to restore them.