Reaction score
I've owned 262 from new and even if i won the Euro Lottery i wouldn't part with it. no stick-on carbon fibre or colour coded interior [-X - even has the original wiper stalk. it's a classic that no one bats an eyelid at which is huge fun to drive and is here to stay. :)

Reaction score
Jay said:
Was supposed to be forever but buying a 200 last weekend changed all that. Sold it to a guy called Dave off cliosport on Tuesday who should be collecting it within the next week, so I've managed to keep it for 2.5 years. The longest I've ever had a car and it will be missed but time to move on.

(wave) hope the 200's as good as you hoped. Cant wait to pick up the trophy!!

Just means im having to break my track saxo :( hope i dont regret it ...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Upgraded to an RS Clio from a Citroen AX GT cabriolet, so many improvements i'll be keeping 189 for sometime.

Fancy tracking it once or twice, and then hopefully restoring as per some members of CS, i've seen a chap do a 172 cup and so many little things make it stand out.

My plans:

- respray or replace bonnet due to some odd chips and marks
- replace front seat belts as they are black rather than grey
- dampers booked in Tues for refurb
- replace rear dampers (unsure whether to go with sachs or koni)
- refurb or replace at least 2 of the alloys
- headlight bulbs (any recommendations?)

I too still have the standard wiper stalk!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sir_Dave said:
Jay said:
Was supposed to be forever but buying a 200 last weekend changed all that. Sold it to a guy called Dave off cliosport on Tuesday who should be collecting it within the next week, so I've managed to keep it for 2.5 years. The longest I've ever had a car and it will be missed but time to move on.

Friend local took me out in his 197 Cup, already had a bag full of problems and its done less than 20k! He works and is being educated in motorsport and knows a fair few who have had new engines :roll:

The shape and style starting to grow on me but not a classic like the T IMO.

Jay

Reaction score
Sir_Dave said:
Jay said:

Hey Dave

Yeah I'm loving it mate. We're going to try and do some pics of all 3 cars together today assuming it doesn't pee down;)

Reaction score
I've had mine for three years now which is the longest I've ever owned a car. I have to sell it in the next few months though as with two little 'uns there's not enough room, gutted to say the least!

Reaction score
I'd been looking around at changing to a clio 200 or megane 250, but decided to keep the trophy and spend out on refurbing the front dampers, changing the rears, refurbing the wheels and getting the tiny little dents removed. But after finding out today my boot doesn't lock anymore I've been reminded that having a car out of warranty has the potential to get expensive so I may think about changing it again.