How do these cars handle big mileage.

Reaction score
With these cars being 10years old those coming up for sale seem to be in the 80k + miles region with recent ones for sale over 100k.

Whichever way way you look at it that's a lot of miles on an old Clio, engine, running gear and interior.

Ive had a few Clios and I think it has to be acknowledged the build quality on these cars has never been a major selling point and I just wondered from owners of 100k milers how they hold up to taxi size mileage.

I must use say the recaros seem to wear well compared to the later 197/200 ones many of which are down to the sponge in under 30k.

I just feel like buying a car with over 100k on is buying something that has seen the best of its lifespan.

Any views?

Reaction score
Yeah, appreciate where you are coming from if its been a tough 100k miles as some have had a hard life and been run on a
shoestring budget. I have however been impressed with the condition of some examples that look in great condition despite
the 100k+ mileage, these have been very well looked after by their owners. It seem the more owners and miles its done tends to
be where they look more tired, ragged, not properly maintained/cared for then flogged on in no time at all.

When I started looking for a Trophy, I wanted one with reasonably low miles rather than buying one on 90k that was being shifted due to miles adding up, glad got mine with 65k on for a bargain price.

Reaction score
I've never owned a car with over 60k on but I'm fast coming to the conclusion that if I want one of these I'm going to have to compromise or hope !

Reaction score
Yeah 60-70k is more than reasonable for a 10 year old car, 491 is on ebay at the mo ;-)

Reaction score
mines over 100k and still drives like it was made yesterday, if they have been well looked after and had the money spent on them, i dont think you have too much to worry about, avg milage on a car 10 years old would be 120k +

Reaction score
Yes, just noticed that.

That is one thing they do seem to come up for sale quite often to say there is probably less than 400 left out there

Reaction score
mines over 100k and still drives like it was made yesterday, if they have been well looked after and had the money spent on them, i dont think you have too much to worry about, avg milage on a car 10 years old would be 120k +

Yes I agree on the age/mileage thing. I suppose it's all about the care and maintenance they have had. There is a 1 owner 120k car on eBay ! That said its been for sale for quite a while.

Reaction score
I bought mine earlier this year with 115k on the clock. Fantastic condition throughout with a great service history and drives superbly, proving that they can carry the miles well.

I've chosen to overhaul things like the suspension, brakes and parts of the engine to suit my own requirements but, as with any car, a cared for and well maintained example can keep on going at decent average mileage levels!

Reaction score
There's about half a dozen for sale at the moment varying from 50k miles to 120k miles and £3500 to £6000. Certainly I think the main thing is the proof of regular servicing, belt changes and suspension servicing. I'm ideally looking for something in the 50- 60k mileage.
Brisbane has a nice one for sale on here I've yet to get to view and saamm92 has one on eBay but that is ready for full belt set and a service which I'm imagining could cost £800 all done.
The cars don't seem to be selling quickly at the moment so it's still a bit of a buyers market I think even though residuals have crept up on them