Reaction score
Does anyone know the history of number 40, it's a cat d but some info on the accident condition would be useful

Also i've been to view 273 at Keighley today, what a shed :x
Every wheel has been curbed, one in my opinion wanted throwing, the owner had replaced the tyres with ditch finders and the there was loads of scratches on the rear bumper, there was stone chips on the bonnet (some to be expected) and a few chips in strange places, no idea what the previous owner had used it for.
Seeing as though i'm not looking for a minter it was worth a punt but at no more than 5k, dealer wouldn't even drop below £5800, so there no guessing what i did, he also reckoned that it would sell within a few weeks and that he had already arranged some finance on it, if so then why try selling it too me :x :x
In reality though he was just being bitter about not being able to pull the wool over my eye's [-X [-X
Oh and one more point, according to him the Trophy never had a front splitter :lol: :lol:

In fact while i'm on the subject, here's my thoughts after what i experienced there, he'll tell you what ever he wants to get the sale, it's great when you turn up somewhere pretending not too know what your on about and then listen to the dealer :lol: :lol:
sadly for him i think he met his match and more today :twisted: :twisted:

Anyway back to the point :wink: does anyone know anything about 40

Thanks
Chris

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looks ok, but why go for a bay D when there ate plenty around that gant not been dropped. I lbow streetfighter off here is still looking to move his.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oops sorry about the spelling there, down the boozer, for the first time in a while I might add. Back to the beer

Reaction score
I seem to remember something about 40 a while back, someone rebuilt it, or at least i think it was No40?
Ive been hunting about all the sites but cant find the thread anywhere.

You might as well spend the extra and get a undamaged one 8)

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guy's, I've been today and had a look at number 40.
Yes it was a cat d and yes it has been repaired, the repairs have been done well and there is no obvious signs too see. All the main dealer receipts are there for the replacement parts for the repair, plus the the latest service sheet.
The service had highlighted 2 parts that required replacing as a result of the accident, one was the passenger seat belt pre tesioner and the other was a wire relating to the bonnet release. Both then were backed by receipts to show the work had been carried out. There is also documents for the cars geometery, all is ok and nothing untoward.
The engine is very sweet and the interior is immaculate, the exterior is pretty good too, one wheel is slightly curbed but other than that everything else was ok.
Now despite being a cat d it seems a reasonable buy all thing considered. So i've bought it, for a bit less than it was advertised at. Bargin? maybe maybe not?

Now as for my intended use i'm sure it will be fine, it's not going to be a show car at all, in fact it will probably not see the roads too much either. Trackdays are purely what it's for, and with the cars geom being fine there's no reason to fear it anymore than any other trophy cat d or not.

So as of tomorrow lunchtime i will be owner of number 40 :)

Now it's just a case of getting some trackdays booked, keep an eye out on my user name "480bhp.com" for videos etc.

Atb
Chris

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Are you going to be stripping it out? I would have thought for an almost exclusive trackday weapon the lighter 172 cup may have been a better choice.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My thoughts exactly. Fitted with a really good set of coilovers surely the 172 would be a better option for track use ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I Don't doubt that, but ì would have thought a beefed up well thought through moded 172 might be a cheaper better option for what will be a track car.

Reaction score
I thought about selling mine this time last year and getting a cup and modding it but by the time you get some decent gear on it you've spent a good few ££ which you never get back but a well looked after trophy should hold its value better, well before the credit crunch it did :roll:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
for a pure track car i'd get the 172 cup, strip it out, spend £2k on it (brakes, suspension, engine etc) and you'll have a car that'll lap most uk circuits around the same time as a gt3 for less than the cost of a trophy..

Reaction score
Depends who's driving. If the gt3 has an old dude with an oxygen mask it'd be no surprise! :)

jhlcr said:
not sure about that cue, gt3? lol

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
jhlcr said:
not sure about that cue, gt3? lol

I don't know, the one that i was in at rs tunning outpaces a gt3 in a straight line net alone round bends... 300+ BHP and under 800kg's...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
don't know, the one that i was in at rs tunning outpaces a gt3 in a straight line net alone round bends... 300+ BHP and under 800kg's...

That car was something else ...Thousands spent getting it like that though.

If I was to turn the Trophy into a track car I would be tempted to remove the Sach's suspension and fit a nice set of fully adjustable coilovers, then it would be totally pointless in buying a Trophy ! IMO the Trophy is a bit too special for that.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG said:
don't know, the one that i was in at rs tunning outpaces a gt3 in a straight line net alone round bends... 300+ BHP and under 800kg's...

That car was something else ...Thousands spent getting it like that though.

not really, weight stripping is free. The brakes and suspension cost the most, which the trophy with after mkt brakes would match - the intercooler and turbo/supercharger was only £3k iirc.

The saving between not buying a Trophy and buying a 172 cup that's got a few miles on it would be that at least so for the cost of a good trophy (there or there abouts)- you could have a GT3 beater... that was my point.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
A GT3 Beater. :lol: I like the sound of that.

It would be alot more fun passing a GT3 in a clio than it would be driving a GT3 and trying to get away from it.