Reaction score
Hellooo

i've got a bit of a problem with my clio, it doesn't start - all the electrics are working but the engine doesn't even tick over... Any ideas why? :cry:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does the starter motor crank turning the engine but it doesn't fire?

Reaction score
Possibly a dead cell in the battery. Get another car and a set of jump leads and try again.

Reaction score
already done that, i will invest in a new battery for the car and fingers crossed it works - Thanks anyway :) xx

Reaction score
I would test the battery first before just investing in one as may not cure the issue. If your not technically minded i would get the vehicle to a garage for diagnosis & rectification could be a faulty starter motor or an earth fault.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Almost guaranteed battery, only time mine failed to start when battery was dead. If this is the case it happens suddenly and nothing works!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Imagine the immobiliser light fails to turn out?

New key if that's the case.

Had this in my old 172, started on the odd occasions but car would not recognise the key!

Reaction score
In my past experience a battery will have the power to light up the dash and make it appear everything's fine, but having a dead cell means there won't be enough juice to run the started motor to get the car going. There's usually a clicking noise when you turn the key to start which is the solenoid functioning about to supply power to the starter motor, but as there's not enough power the motor won't turn.

Reaction score
oh okay, that does make sense! hopefully something will happen (magically :p) or i'll invest in a new battery for the car...