Reaction score
Need some quick expert advice please

I have a 182 cup pack. Been offered front trophy suspension with hub only thing is the one damper needs repairing.

My question is it worth getting just front and how much to repair generally

Cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
When you say repairing what does it need doing? The price will depend on that. Also it is best to get them done as a pair. Speak to Simon at Cornering force.

Reaction score
When you say repairing what does it need doing? The price will depend on that. Also it is best to get them done as a pair. Speak to Simon at Cornering force.

Thanks for getting back so quickly folks
One front is knocking that's all I know. Just been offered both fronts and wondering if they are worth buying for a couple of hundred for uif pair

Sorry for poor reply on my mobile as out and about and can't seem to in back and edit

Reaction score
Knocking? May even be a strut top mount, very common on the Clio. Simons your man at cornering force for damper repairs and rebuilds. My Sachs are currently with him but you could have a bargain on your hands.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just Knocking? Not damaged as in an accident then? For a couple of hundred and 4/500 on refurb you will have a fine set of dampers but as I said Simon will be able to offer some more reliable figures/advice.

Reaction score
Cheers guys yes just knocking I was told no accident damage seen the car and nothing looks too new if you know what I mean plus mechanic friend removed the front and replaced as the owner wanted new.

It's only the fronts I'll be getting but if I recall correctly they are the all singing dancing ones right? Whats the set up on the back.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As Dan said the knocking may be for another reason. Obviously check them over before you part with any money, that they are the original Sachs, if they need a refurb the shafts will be move up and down if they are solid to the point of you being unable to push them down at all you may get away without the refurb though it would be safer to get them done. You will also need spring to match, your cup ones will not do and also try to get the rubber gators that cover the shat as well as I think you may have trouble sourcing new.
The rears are sachs as well but you could use your rear cup set up with the front Sachs and upgrade at a later date though personally I would do all in one go.

Reaction score
Does the Cup not have a softer spring rate? Also the rear setup is different entirely. You will likely improve the suspension from the Cup as damping will be a lot better. However you should compare the cost of damper + repair against a full coilover setup that is properly matched.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does the Cup not have a softer spring rate?

That's why I said " you will also need springs to match, your cup ones will not do"

Also the rear setup is different entirely

I also said "The rears are sachs as well but you could use your rear cup set up with the front Sachs and upgrade at a later date though personally I would do all in one go."
I also thought the rear springs were the same as the T anyway, could be wrong on that one.

Reaction score
Cheers folks.. sorry I am a little vague was on my mobile yesterday which isnt the best

Will have a little search around on here now I have a little more time however who is Simon please and how do I contact him ? (thank you)

I'm not sure how much refurb dampers are I am sure I read somewhere around £140 a corner but that was back sometime again which was something I was looking to find out to see if it really was worth it.. however the price I have been offered is very good)

Hoolio I'll drop you a pm if you dont mind with a little more information

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I believe Reno is the only supplier as they are custom matched to the dampers although you have a few other options eibach, Mark Fish and also new to the game Cooksport, which I know little about.