heads up!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Another new nasty;

Please Be Extremely Careful
especially if using internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on.

This information arrived this morning direct from both Microsoft and Norton.

Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet.

You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation
'Life is beautiful.'

If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES , and delete it immediately .

If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.

AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus software's are not capable of destroying it.

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner.'

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS and ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY

Gem Distribution Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Parkway, Harlow Business Park, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5QF
Company No: 01858771, Vat No: 388 7989 50
Registered Office: Gem Distribution Ltd, Shorten Brook Drive, Altham Business Park, Altham, Lancashire, BB5 5YH

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'll be passing that back to the guys in the know!

Reaction score
Since someone caught me out when I forwarded something that I thought was a genuine warning, I now always google any warning email that I receive before forwarding - or most commonly deleting! :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quik5i1ver said:
Since someone caught me out when I forwarded something that I thought was a genuine warning, I now always google any warning email that I receive before forwarding - or most commonly deleting! :wink:

Believe me these guys "should" know, and they have now been executed for making me look stupid :oops:

i don't normally need anybody else's help

Day

Reaction score
Want me to move this thread to the hall of shame in the mods area?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Day said:
Want me to move this thread to the hall of shame in the mods area?

LOL hey if i was really that bothered about looking daft you'd have to sort the rest of my posts as well.