Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Had 243 detailed a few weeks back, was going to post my own pictures but the detailer (Baz) has already posted on detailing world so rather than duplicating them here is the link :-

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... post863435

I went for the level one paint correction which has worked wonders for the car to remove the majority of swirl marks. Then it was clayed to remove contaminents and finished with Zaino paint sealant rather than a wax finish. The end result is stunning with a shine to the car that is incredible. Baz worked solidly on the car for 9 hours and gave me some good advice on how to wash the car and what products to use. He offers a mobile service at your home so anyone interested should check out his website :-

http://www.autodetox.co.uk/

Washed the car at the weekend and added my 'T9PHY' plate to it so I'll post some pics later this evening. The paint sealing and wheel protection makes it much easier to remove fly splatt and brake dust !!!.

Rob.

Reaction score
Here is the finished article ..........
Pics taken today after washing on Friday so not totally 'spotless'. Photos taken on my Nokia N82 phone !!!!.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    596 KB · Views: 87
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 115
Reaction score
Yes, they do ! . I think Baz went and kitted himself out with the latest Nikon digital camera shortly afterwards.

Cheers for the positive comments :D :D :D

Reaction score
For anyone thinking about having their car detailed, make sure you use a reputable detailer who has a paint thickess gauge. My Trophy had a pretty constant thickness all over apart from around the petrol flap which makes sense as this would take more time to paint inside the aperture, a useful way to test for repair work too !!!.

Reaction score
Very nice!! Also I'm liking the wiper blades, what make are they and where did you get them from?

Reaction score

Well spotted Cue, they are the Bosch Aerotwin blades from :-

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/product-li ... ass=ncv&c=

Trupart also make them and are cheaper but I always stick with Bosch or Trico for wiper blades.

They only take 2 minutes to fit as they utilise a clip that snaps onto the existing arm hook and look a lot more modern as they are standard equipment now on most cars. I'm impressed with how they perform too as the flip all the way along them acts as a spoiler to increase downforce at high speeds which reduces blade lift. The only down side is that the last 5mm of the driver's blade tip does not touch the windshiled as it curves round to the 'A' pillar - no more than the standard wiffle tree type blade though.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophyfan said:
The only down side is that the last 5mm of the driver's blade tip does not touch the windshiled as it curves round to the 'A' pillar - no more than the standard wiffle tree type blade though.

i've noticed this with mine also, thought they were on their way out as i don't remember them doing it from new.

Reaction score
Would be interesting to see if this is down to the blade ageing or purely due to the curvature of the screen, of course it would be less noticeable on a LHD French car as the wipers are non drive handed so that blade would become the passenger side.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Am i the only one getting little pictures? i can hardly tell it's got wiper blades :?