Gearbox problem/noisy/help!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi all,
The car has started making a VERY loud noise/whining when in gear. Noise will stop when clutch is pressed down.
Sometimes judders heavily when pulling away in first and sometimes won't engage any gear or the gearstick will jam.
The clutch pedal has always been heavy since I bought the car.
Also there is an occasional strong smell of gear oil but no obvious leaks under the car (just the usual sweat).
Also jumped out of gear a couple of times. Managed to get it home though!
I know its difficult to diagnose over the internet but looking for some help as to what it might be!
Cheers!

Reaction score
Sounds like clutch release bearing is worn and sticking, does it crunch when selecting reverse? (even when doing it very slowly/carefully) Could try replacement clutch cable as they dont get any better with age, sounds like clutch has just about had it and they is an internal gearbox issue. Sounds like replacement clutch and possibly replacement gearbox to me.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Don't worry...

28735237580_1461bbd628_z.jpg[/url]

Anyone got a gearbox for sale??? Or know where to get one???

Totally seized up this morning with oil all over the floor!

Reaction score
i would ask around an cliosport.net, plenty of people stripping clios, or someone that point you in the direction on a recon

Reaction score
Tim Finch breaks 10 1*2s every week, or that's what it feels like.

He's a regular contributor/trader/seller on the Clio Sport Owners Club group on Facebook.

Best of luck. Time for a diff upgrade? ;)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Tim Finch breaks 10 1*2s every week, or that's what it feels like.

He's a regular contributor/trader/seller on the Clio Sport Owners Club group on Facebook.

Best of luck. Time for a diff upgrade? ;)

I sent him a message but no reply. Really don't want to have to buy one from ebay!

Reaction score
Hmm not good, bought a rear caliper from Tim Finch on ebay, fitted it and was faulty as handbrake mechanism wouldnt set up correctly. Claims caliper was fully reconditioned and had only been on car for a few thousand miles. He said send it back, so took it off the Trophy sent it back recorded delivery, he denies ever receiving the caliper back even though it was signed for and has kept my money.

He's probably sold it to someone else and stitched then up with it and taken their money too.

Getting ebay onto him, will NEVER be using him again, lots of hassle still out of pocket, doesnt reply to messages, recommend everyone on here NOT to buy anything from him, well and truly f*cked off, AVOID!!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Turns out the second hand box is noisy! A different type of noise. More of a gear/grinding type noise when in all gears. Possibly the diff.

Such a waste of time. Properly annoyed as I'll have to take it out again.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that fella, I had a bad experience with the caliper from Tim Finch and now you've got stitched up with a knackered gearbox, I should have posted my avoid comment sooner.