Fuel Starvation

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this type of issue?

Started the T this morning and rather than waiting for the electronic choke to stop I just drove off. 20 yards later it felt like the engine was a little starved of fuel. Put my foot down and not much happened. The engine wasn't so starved of fuel that it spluttered or stopped, just that it wouldn't go. After a further 50yrs it was all business as usual. Hasn't happened since. No warning lights illuminated at the time.

The tank was brimmed with Optimax last night from a very busy Shell station so I doubt it was a fuel quality issue.

Happen to anyone else or does anyone have any ideas? Electronic/drive by wire issue perhaps?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Graham, that is nothing to worry about it happens to all if they are not warmed up before moving off, thirty seconds to a minute should do. The engine management basically does not fuel properly I til the cat starts working.

Reaction score
Got it, many thanks Hoolio.

Gordon (as opposed to Graham) :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Shit, I'm sorry Gordon. I'm so rubbish with peoples names but that was just crap, sorry.

BTW, I was going to pick you up on "After a further 50 yrs" but i thought i'd let it go :wink: :)