Reaction score
Just given 038 a polish and some new pics. Would come with a new MOT.

If you know about these, and most here do, all the maintenance and new parts on this add up to a fortune. I'm on the fence about selling it as it owes me more, but it is a stock car, I have an R26.R I'd like to keep and how many cars do I need!

One or two honest marks on the car commensurate with a seven year old car, but certainly a grade 4 to 4.5 A- if you were going by Japanese auction grades! The steering wheel is in pretty good condition too.

Offered at £6484.

Text from website: www.allvehicles.co.uk/usedcar.php

2005/05 Renault Clio Renaultsport 182 Trophy Ltd Edn 038/500 in signature Capsicum Red with Anthracite Coloured Speedline Turini Alloys. 2.0 Litre 16V with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox. 55542m. Full Service History, Just Serviced incl New Cambelt, Auxilliary Belt and Tensioners. If you start to add up the recent service and everything else listed it far outstrips the advertised price.
Usual Clio 182 Trophy upgrade specification of: Numbered Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy Plaque 038/500. Renaultsport Recaro Trendline Half Leather & Alcantara Seats, Roof Spoiler Originally Designed for Clio V6 255, Anthracite coloured Renaultsport Speedline Turini Alloys. Sachs Race Engineering Factory Adjustable Suspension Upgrade. Air Conditioning. ABS Brakes, Cruise Control with Speed Limiter, CD Tuner, Power Steering, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Traction Control, Alarm / Immobiliser.

In addition this car has the following upgrades to compliment the car as it came from the factory: ITG Maxogen Induction System, one of the best you can buy for this model. OMP Front & Rear Strut Braces, K-Tec Solid Top Strut Mounts, K-Tec Group N Engine Mountings & Stabiliser. Fast road alignment c/w Camber Bolts and Rear Camber Shims. Sachs Dampers Refurbished. New Adjustable Rear Konis. New Eibach Sportline Springs, suspension solid all round. Lightened & balanced flywheel with new clutch same time. Stainless sports exhaust system, New Pirelli P-Zero Nero Tyres all round. Brembo High Carbon Front Discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, New Rear Discs and Pads, Braided Hoses and DOT5 Brake Fluid.

Just serviced with new Coolant and Air Conditioning regassed. New front splitter fitted. New rear brake caliper and handbrake cable. New PAS switch.
No expense spared on this car!

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I am surprised you still have this, if I was looking for one I'd be hot footing my way to see this, has all the mods a T needs off the shelf.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Maybe it's the mods that are putting people off. Would me.

That's your opinion and fair enough but what, 80% of owners have carried out a bunch of those mods.

Edit; Modified my post ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Percentage isn't important. Do many owners not consider putting back to standard when they come to sell? Would that not suggest they would be easier to sell as standard? This car may suggest so. BTW what are engine stabilisers?

Reaction score
Felix: There's a market for modified and non-modified. If anyone really wanted to make an inferior car of mine they can have half the parts back! Not sold? I'm guilty of not really bothering to market this, especially over the winter. TBH, I'm still not that fussed! Someone who wants to save money on a lightly-modded one has found it. If not I will tuck it away until then.

Hoolio: It's only when you've had both that you realise the Trophy still has some way to go as a standard car. All the posts from John Polak and George K many moons ago testify to this.

Years ago I used to modify Minis, so mine is right up my street :) I don't even drive it fast, just love the way it rides and handles. It's too clean to take out in the rain too.

Reaction score
Interesting reading the feedback on mods vs standard - I can't see a bad modification on it though if I'm honest that would put people off... it's still Red, has Recaro's and Turini's present along with Sach's dampers - in a nutshell the main items that are differentiating this from a normal 182. On top of that it has had the next two bits taken care of that are top of your list (well they are for me) when considering a Trophy - cambelt changed and dampers refurbed.

All the suspension bits will make it a great car - I know as I did most of this to my first Trophy... but even better is that when this Trophy is parked next to another Trophy you would be doing well to notice that it has had a few choice upgrades as on the outside it isn't shouting 'modified car alert'. At some point in life the exhaust will rot through and need replacing - so that's another thing off the list - if it is a Prospeed exhaust fitted too then you couldn't do much better as it fits nicely and sound wise is almost identical to standard.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I am looking to get a "T" sometime soon, and if this is still around ill defdinately be going to look at it...Even though its a long way from me....
The "modded" tag doesnt bother me in the slightest....
There is a market for cars that have had the correct mods/upgrades done to them. And this car seems to have had the correct mods/upgrades fitted....
Just my 2pth....

Reaction score
Somebody called to come and see this yesterday while I was at B'ton VRO. Left message on phone and raced back (as best you can on the train!) - but no show. So apologies for the missed call. Car tucked away with cover on waiting for the right new keeper, or I might end up putting my hi-fi in it and keep as a runaround.