Reaction score
Broke my fron splitter this morning :( Very amateur I know.. £150 from Renault for a new plastic one!
Then I remembered this http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=977 which is both cheaper and not plastic. Anything else I should consider before adding the above to the list for Monday trip down to K-Tec?
Any input gratefully received as ever :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thats getting to be an expensive trip. :)

Check quality of carbon weave, some people on CS have had some poor ones.

Reaction score
Ive got one and it looks much better than standard. Mine was in top condition when i received it

Reaction score
Trophy No.
drexel said:
Ive got one and it looks much better than standard. Mine was in top condition when i received it

Sure, and none are going to be perfect unless you pay mega money, but some are better than others.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Thats getting to be an expensive trip. :)
Check quality of carbon weave, some people on CS have had some poor ones.

Expensive - that thought had crossed my mind :( What is that platitude about not being able to take it with you! It is true :wink:
Were the examples with questionable weave recent do you know?

drexel said:

Thanks drexel. I thought it looked rather tidy 8)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep a couple of days ago. but it was just a heads up as others have said, i'm sure most are ok.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Yep a couple of days ago. but it was just a heads up as others have said, i'm sure most are ok.

Noted. I will give it the once over.. Thanks for the heads up :)

Reaction score
Got my splitter from Renault dealer in France, was a bit cheaper i think, but my brother sorted it out for my birthday.

Reaction score
drexel said:

Mine too, have only bought two, but both lovely and about to order another myself. Much better value and better looking than the plastic, it's a no-brainer :)

Reaction score
artdealer said:
Mine too, have only bought two, but both lovely and about to order another myself. Much better value and better looking than the plastic, it's a no-brainer :)

Going back for a third one, sufficient recommendation me thinks.. :)

Thanks everyone for all input, much appreciated.

Reaction score
A bit off topic, but has any1 else had a problem with there recaro seats? my drivers seat in the middle where the crease is, its seems like the material has moved and now there are two creases!

Ill get a picture sometime, dont think they will do it on waranty as its probably due to wear and tear

Reaction score
The black leather on my recaro has gone blue. I spoke to renoo they didn't want to know. I spoke to recaro at the Autoshow and they said try giving it a clean if that failes get back to them.

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
The black leather on my recaro has gone blue. I spoke to renoo they didn't want to know. I spoke to recaro at the Autoshow and they said try giving it a clean if that failes get back to them.

Sun tan lotion/moisturiser makes it turn blue, it cleans off though, then scotch-guard it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
regarding the seats - mines just gon in for warrenty work on the passenger side again. Reno sorted the runners pre xmas now the seat doesn't move forward :?: idiots.