Reaction score
I am trying to find a set of front shocks for my trophy. My car is stuck on axle stands just now. I removed my shocks to send off to get refurbished. I posted them at the post office and the lady behind the counter told me I was fine to post them. The parcel has now been disposed of by Royal mail because they say it contained dangerous items. I really want to get my car back on the road . Does any one know of anyone selling a set ? I am appealing their decision but I think its going to be a lengthy process. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply mattv6. I knew you could put cup shocks onto the trophy and I'll do that if I really have to but I would really like to get the proper Sachs ones if I can. Was quoted £3200 for new ones from Renault.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that your dampers were binned!

I have got ONE spare front N/S Sachs damper, but of course it is useless unless you find an O/S damper. However, drop me a PM if you are interested.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is there a reason why these cannot be sent by post? I take it that others have sent theirs for refubishment by post before without any problems?

Reaction score
think they will have done him for the gas canister attached to the shock, if the laws here are anything like in the US then they have been destroyed as well :eek:

and OP used Royal fail

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
F**K ME !!

I would be going off my head at Royal Mail if i seen they had binned almost £3500 worth of car.

I would always pack extremaly well and use a decent courier company !!

As for finding a new set you will find it hard altho they do pop up every now and then on ebay.

I have a spare set sitting in bubble wrap in a padded box in the garage and i will not be sending them or anything else via royal snail / fail

Reaction score
Thanks for that carbon chaos. Look like I'm too late. Sold already. I'm still looking if anyone knows of a set for sale. I've got cup shocks on just now to get the car running.